I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Counting my Blessings

Can you believe it's November?!  Smiley from millan.net I'm just now starting to clue into the fact that I only have 6 1/2 weeks -- yes! only 6-and-a-half weeks!! -- until Christmas.  So much to do, so little time.

Here is a little something I whipped up for the ladies from church that I visit each month. This month I used Christie's Mini Album instructions and created each lady a Gratitude album.

Inside each mini are eight little pockets, each holds a tag. One side I printed journaling lines. The other side is blank. They can be used to write on or attach pictures. Whatever they are grateful for. Smiley from millan.net

Above is a pic of the inside with the tags in the pockets. Below, tags are removed.  I was able to print the lines with my printer and then cut them using my machine. Smiley from millan.net

And the quote is a new favorite that I found. It reads, "Gratitude takes its place among the noblest of virtues."    The album and tags are all inked with gold. and the flowers were hot glued on so they have some staying power. And there's plenty of jute so if the book gets really thick they will still be able to tie it closed.


My next project is already in the works... My son brought home a "Family Project" yesterday. We need to dress up/disguise a turkey so he won't be eaten for Thanksgiving dinner. So many ideas. I just need to settle on one and get it finished.   Smiley from millan.net

Hope you all had a terrific day!

PS:  Did you see my new blinkie?? (near top left)

Details:
  • Pattern Papers: Global Trek (Deja View)
  • Cardstock: White (Georgia Pacific)
  • Tags: Cricut, George cartridge, DesignStudio
  • Other: Liquid Gold paint pen, Gold inkpad, red gel pen, jute, silk flowers, hot glue, Scotch Quick Dry glue, Gold puff paint

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the turkey! Love those gratitude albums. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!