I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Friday, October 1, 2010

Preparing for Fall Break

Hiya!  Smiley from millan.net
I know... I gave you all several posts (just like the good ol' days) and then disappeared again.  Sorry. Sometimes crafting takes a backseat.  It's a bummer. But since I don't get paid to craft it is not quite the priority that I wish it could be.  I do have a fun project to show you today. I think it's fun. I hope you do too.
My son's elementary school has been requesting assistance for the upcoming Fall Festival.  They will have games and candy and food....  I guess it's supposed to be the bomb-diggity.  I wouldn't know. Haven't been to one before, but we'll find out in a few weeks.   I was asked if I could make a sign for one of the games. I said I would. The name of the game is Duck Pond. Smiley from millan.net  

I originally designed the sign with just the yellow ducks in the pond with the catttails. But...  I just wasn't happy.  Something about is seemed not quite finished. Then I remembered seeing these cute little guys in an OTC catalog that I received recently. It was then that I decided to dress up my duckies for Halloween...  Smiley from millan.net
 
I was able to use the witch's hat from a cartridge but the capes and clothes and hair was created by hand... err... by scissors in my hand.
Hope you all are having a fab day!Smiley from millan.net

Details: 
  • Software: Design Studio, SCAL, Inkscape
  • Hardware: Cricut, scissors
  • Font: Grilled Cheese
  • Cartridges: Paper Dolls Dress Up (witch hat), A Child's Year (duck)... everything else was hand cut.
  • Other: White poster board, Colored paper, Scissors, Black marker, Black dimensional paint, Gold dimensional paint, Blue paint, White paint, Paint brushes, Black cardstock, Glue stick, White glue

5 comments:

  1. Very cute!I love what you did to dress up your ducks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Jen, how absolutely adorable is this sign!!! Whenever you're here, you always amaze us with your talent which leaves us all with our mouths hanging open! We adore you, so we wait patiently for you to return! LOL!

    Thank you for your visit too, I was so excited to see you had dropped by and left me a comment letting me know; and, of course, you're always very welcome!!! If it weren't for you, I probably wouldn't even have a blog to visit!

    Love to you and your precious family, my friend!

    P.S. If you ever start the classes, don't forget me. I try to keep up with you here, but recently I'd had some periods of being busy and MIA too, so I understand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have too agree with Audrey, you have always left me with my mouth hanging open with your awesome talent. hugs
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!