I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Tiny Treasure

Smiley from millan.net This would have been a great post for Talk Like a Pirate Day, but it wasn't quite ready.  Last week I was contemplating on what to do for my niece who's birthday is coming up in October. She loves Halloween and insists on a Halloween theme for her birthday party. Yes, it's true. This girl has a flair for the dramatic. Smiley from millan.net Oy! My sis has her hands full with that one, I'll tell ya.
Anyway, I happened upon this cutest treasure chest design. Smiley from millan.net   It's adorable.  And it was super-duper easy to create a DS file so my lil'bug could cut it for me. It could so easily be dressed up as something Oooky-Spooky or simply as a Something Special gift, don't you think?

I don't have anything for my niece quite yet to put in it, but it's the perfect size to stash something else that I've been working on...  Smiley from millan.net You see, my friend and fellow cricut crafter Kathy brought me a challenge last week.  She wanted...er...needed a Cricut DS/Gypsy flower inspired by the Sizzix 3D flower. Sure! Ok! I can do that...  Have you seen it? It's very cute!  It's kinda like those itty bitty, teeny tiny Primas but bigger.
Some, I simply spritzed with Shimmerz spray and while they were still slightly damp I made them up. Others I stamped with a background stamp before spritzing and making them.
To give you a better idea of their size, I took a shot of them here with a quarter.  They're not huge but they do have dimension to them. Here's another picture from the side so you can see that.
You can definitely play with the layers to make them flatter or taller but I don't think they'll ever be Flat Stanley flat, if you get my drift.  These are dimensional.

Well, that's it for today. Lots to do. I've been shirking my responsibilities... After dropping my son off at school this morning I took a run by Michael's. I had a 40% off coupon burning a hole in my pocket.  Sadly, they were all out of the pink ATG gun that I was interested in getting. Oh well. Maybe they'll get another shipment in before they take their pink display down.

Hope you all have a great day! Smiley from millan.net

Details:
Trunk--
  • Tutorial by Lori is found HERE
  • Paper: Halloween (K&Co)
  • Stamps: Midnight Feast (WaltzingMouse)
  • Cut Files:** Donate button is at the top right. Please specify which file you want when you purchase. 
  • Gooey Border (all George), Trunk (all PlantinSchoolbook) 
  • Cardstock: Black Diamond (Bazzill),  Olive (scrap)
  • Ink: Antique Linen (Ranger), Black (Versamark)
Flowers--
  • Stamps: Text Style (PaperTreyInk)
  • Ink: Aqua Mist, Melon Berry (PaperTreyInk)
  • Cardstock: white
  • Spritz:  Purple (Shimmerz), Silver (created myself)
  • Cut File:** Donate button is at the top right. Please specify which file you want when you purchase.
  • Flowers (all Plantin Schoolbook)
  • Yes, that big piece of paper will turn into a small flower. Here is a link to a Video tutorial showing how to put the flowers together.
** Refer to Cut File link to see how to get my files. Available in .cut or .gypsy format.

16 comments:

  1. Oh how adorable are those flowers. Do you have a .cut file for them? AND I love your little box. CUTE CUTE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen I'm interested in the 3D flower ds cut file but can't find a button to request it. How do I order it???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carol, the "Donate" button is at the top, right side of my blog, just below my picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sandy, and YES! I have a .cut file for both :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please send me the 3D cut files Kidogo2@aol.com made donation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so very talented Jen!!! Just love it !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jen, you know how I love boxes and this one is just adorable!!! I love your flowers too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry 3D flower kidogo2@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute little chest!! And beautiful flowers your niece is going to love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are super cute!!!! Can't wait to try them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are awesome Jen.
    I can't wait to make them.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow - Those flowers are amazing!! I just found your blog, and I am so happy I did! I am now a follower, and can't wait to see what you come up with next!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Jen

    misstami@aol.com sent request through paypal but forgot to say .cut file for the 3d flower.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I left a donation for the flower Gypsy file. Its the one that is inside the treasure trunk and also the one Kathy used on Paper Phenonena. Thank you
    angeldon6 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I left a donation for the deign studio cut file for the 3d flower that you used on the trunk also the one Kathy used on the domestic godess mini Could you please send me the file at andygv20@yahoo.com Thank you and have a Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  16. I own the sizzix die but would love to be able to cut any size I wanted and more then 2 at a time with my cricut! Wonderful job, donation sent for the gypsy file! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!