I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I'm late, I'm late, for a very important date!

[Edit: if you were here earlier you may notice that I've updated the pictures. :) ]

Yesterday was the WaltzingMouse Stamps blog waltz. I almost got my creation completed but there were just too many distractions.

So, better late than never, here are some pics of the creation I made using some new stampy goodness and some of my old ones too.

My niece liked the banner I created last year for Halloween and said she'd love to have one too. (For those that are interested on size, the window that this banner hangs against is six feet wide.)


Well, how can I possibly turn down a request like that?

The theme for the WMS waltz was Shabby/Vintage, so I 'dusted' the black edges with a cream ink pad.
I also used the same cream ink to stamp the images on the accordion rosettes which I created with my new Lacy Circle Nestabilities. I also spritzed the rosettes with a shimmer mist to add a bit more bling.



The letters were cut from a white glitter paper and then I rubbed some Antique Linen ink to age the whiteness. Then used brown ink around the edges too. Then I mounted the letters on Kraft cardstock before adding some Stickles to the edges.Some of the patterned papers didn't have any glitter on them so I did a little stickle-action to those as well.

I crickled and inked the wording piece before sewing them in place across the top of each pennant piece .


Each pennant piece hangs from a wide piece of ribbon so that she can slide them as close or as far apart as necessary to fit the place where she chooses to hang it.(She tends to move from house to house so I wanted this to be compatible with more than one home.)

I know it's a little early to start hanging Halloween decor but I hope to be able to take this to her this weekend and maybe get a pic of how it will look in her gorgeous new home!
Thanks for letting me share even if it's a bit late for the waltz. Have a great day!

Details:
  • Stamps: Midnight FeastHalloween Party (WaltzingMouse Stamps)
  • Ink: Antique Linen (Ranger), Chestnut Roan (Colorbok)
  • Cardstock: Black (@Office - Walmart), White (Georgia Pacific)
  • Patterned Paper: Halloween (K & Co.)
  • Die: Lacy Circles (Spellbinders)
  • Fonts: Printed font (Addams), Cut font (Storybook)
  • Other: Orange Spider/web ribbon (Walmart), black ribbon (Joann's), buttons (   ), Eyelets and Crop-o-Dile (We R Memory Keepers), Shimmer Mist (Tsukineko), cream thread, sewing machine, Cuttlebug, Stickles, Cricut machine, SCAL2.

10 comments:

  1. Oh I think it turned out beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is an awesome banner... love the flowers that you put the letters onto...

    ReplyDelete
  3. late or not late. this is eye candy galore. I was so delighted that you posted close ups and was disappointed that it went from S then to P then to Y! love the detail on each banner - and the phrases across the banner - just wonderful. what an outstanding job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is so fun! LOVE the banner and the fun details! The little rosettes are fabulous and the ribbon is the perfect touch! What a FABULOUS creation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that is an fantastic banner! What a sweet gift for your niece. She's going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Jen! These banners are so cute! As always, you do such a great job at everything!

    How are the classes coming? Any new ones scheduled yet since I was unable to confirm for the last one due a conflict with my scheduled vacation?

    Hugs, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great banner: such details and what a fabulous idea!! You are the WOMAN!! Thanks for sharning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool! Aren't banners fun?!? Your accordian rosettes are amazing - I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, this is just so clever!!! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This banner is gorgeous. Love the glittery letters and all the stitching.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!