[Edit: if you were here earlier you may notice that I've updated the pictures. :) ]
Yesterday was the WaltzingMouse Stamps blog waltz. I almost got my creation completed but there were just too many distractions.
My niece liked the banner I created last year for Halloween and said she'd love to have one too. (For those that are interested on size, the window that this banner hangs against is six feet wide.)
Well, how can I possibly turn down a request like that?
The theme for the WMS waltz was Shabby/Vintage, so I 'dusted' the black edges with a cream ink pad.
I also used the same cream ink to stamp the images on the accordion rosettes which I created with my new Lacy Circle Nestabilities. I also spritzed the rosettes with a shimmer mist to add a bit more bling.
The letters were cut from a white glitter paper and then I rubbed some Antique Linen ink to age the whiteness. Then used brown ink around the edges too. Then I mounted the letters on Kraft cardstock before adding some Stickles to the edges.Some of the patterned papers didn't have any glitter on them so I did a little stickle-action to those as well.
Each pennant piece hangs from a wide piece of ribbon so that she can slide them as close or as far apart as necessary to fit the place where she chooses to hang it.(She tends to move from house to house so I wanted this to be compatible with more than one home.)
Thanks for letting me share even if it's a bit late for the waltz. Have a great day!
- Stamps: Midnight Feast, Halloween Party (WaltzingMouse Stamps)
- Ink: Antique Linen (Ranger), Chestnut Roan (Colorbok)
- Cardstock: Black (@Office - Walmart), White (Georgia Pacific)
- Patterned Paper: Halloween (K & Co.)
- Die: Lacy Circles (Spellbinders)
- Fonts: Printed font (Addams), Cut font (Storybook)
- Other: Orange Spider/web ribbon (Walmart), black ribbon (Joann's), buttons ( ), Eyelets and Crop-o-Dile (We R Memory Keepers), Shimmer Mist (Tsukineko), cream thread, sewing machine, Cuttlebug, Stickles, Cricut machine, SCAL2.