I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Saturday, July 17, 2010

WMS Blog Hop - It's Your Day Dude!

Hi everyone,
Today is WaltzingMouse Stamps Blog Waltz. I've been so busy with my little buddy being home from school I haven't had much time to play. He wants to help with every little thing.

Don't get me wrong, it makes emptying the dishwasher a game. He enjoys putting the silverware away and while he's distracted doing that I can quickly get the glass items out of his reach. {Phew!} Smiley from millan.netVacuuming is a completely different story. He doesn't quite have the strength or the body  weight to push and pull the vacuum. He wants to help but then gets super frustrated when he can't seem to accomplish the task. So that lovely task falls to me or my sweet hubby.

Smiley from millan.netSo.... there may be a few dust bunnies in my home since my 5 yr old's dusting style isn't perfect, but I let him help every way possible so that he doesn't grow up thinking MOM is the only one that can clean the house. Smiley from millan.net 


I guess I could stop rambling about my housework and chat about the card, huh? I used the tattoo stamps to create the pattern on the white cardstock and then layered the topper with some patterned paper. The blue and green from the octopus pattern was perfect, but it needed a bit of a kick. So I added a reddish surfboard and a red frame around the sentiment for the front.


The ribbon came from a $1 find at the craft store that I purchased at least a year ago. It was the perfect color combination! (Well of course! I knew I bought that ribbon for a reason. Smiley from millan.net) I layered a couple scraps to finish off the inside and called it done.


I showed it to my hubby to see what he thought... He said the colors were too soft for someone like him. It was a nice card but more for a kid than an adult.  Ok, I can live with that I guess.

That's all for now.  Smiley from millan.net Happy waltzing! Smiley from millan.net

Details:
  • Stamps: Free Spirit - Boy, Free Spirit Sentiments (WaltzingMouse)
  • Ink: Olive, Prussian Blue (Colorbox); Aqua Mist, Melon Berry (PaperTreyInk)
  • Cardstock:White (Georgia Pacific); Green (from my stash)
  • Patterned paper: All About Boys (DCWV)
  • Other: Brads (OTC); sewing machine; Ribbon (Michael's)

30 comments:

  1. I like that sentiment with those surfboards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great card - know where you're coming from with the little 'helpers' reference having two boys myself!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card, Jen...from the front to the back - it's filled with great creativity! Awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful boys card.. something I struggle with.. but that stamp set is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card, I like your addition of the red. Great masculine card, inside and out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great creation and I love the surfboards! Thanks for waltzing with us today - I totally get the kids helping stories - love/hate relationship with housework lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful card - love who you used the tatoo stamps (mine are still virgin *blush*) and how you layered your colours - up to the boards in the water and waves. GREAT!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun surfer card Jen - love your stitching on it! Enjoy your son - they're only little once!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you did the stitching. You are so amazing my friend. I love the colors you used

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the pop of red it just gives your card that certain pizazz.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a fabulous card! I just love your stitched border!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the way you framed your image with the sewing

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card! Your stitching is fantastic! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. hello jen! :) thanks for biting bait on the haiku. heh :)
    love your story about housekeeping. your lil man sounds like a darling. maybe your hubster thought it's more a fun kid card because of the octapus. but i love love it. especially when incorporating the red, it adds another dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun card Jen! I can hear the waves crashing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cracking Dude card Jen! i love your frame! Thank you so much for waltzing with us @ Waltzingmouse Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a fun card! That red really makes it pop.

    ReplyDelete
  18. With two girls under 7 I have the same story. Your card is wonderful and if your son helped, he also did wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  19. such a bright and fun card: I can see it going for any pre-teen and teenage boy I know!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fab card, love how you stamped on the back too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stunning - love the use of red on the card, really zings it up a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I wish I could sew on my cards like that! Your card is terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I think it is always a mistake to ask for men's opinions on cards! This is gorgeous and I love love love your tattooed background paper!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh, I'm still waiting for the SCAL lessons! I've been ready!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a wonderful card, Jen. And, your little one is so adorable. I think it's wonderful he wants to help mommy; hopefully, he'll still want to help 10 years from now, huh? LOL!!! My nieces wanted to help me do everything while they were here with me too!!! You can't help but love them!

    I'll be seeing you!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I think this is a beautiful card! I love the details!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Super cool card!! I love that octopus paper! Goes great with the surfboard - a super guy card! So glad you could waltz with us!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!