I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Strengthening Home and Family

These little cards are specifically for the women I visit each month from my church. I don't always take them a treat when I visit but I want to change that. It doesn't have to be a sweet treat but I may make some Nestle' tollhouse cookies to go with the card since the theme is about Strengthening Home and Family.  (Get it? house --- home ?)


After using embossing folders to give the cardstock some texture, I inked it with a bit of Antique Linen. And then filled in the windows with some glaze to create the "glass."  I also glazed the heart just for fun.

Inside the card is a little pocket with a tag inside. The sentiments on the outside banner and inside the card are quotes from the message that we will be talking about. The tag can easily be used as a bookmark or as a magnet.  I chose the red, white and blue color scheme because of the 4th of July holiday.


Hope you all have a fantastic day! Thanks for stopping by.

Details:
  • Cut File Available:** Home shape card created using Cricut, DS, Zooballoo cartridge (Provo Craft)
  • Cuttlebug (Provo Craft), Bubbles embossing folder (Provo Craft), Square Lattice embossing folder (Stampin Up!/Sizzix)
  • Cardstock:  White (Georgia Pacific), Red (DCWV), Blue (Paper Co.)
  • Other:  Ribbon (Michael's), Glaze (Ranger), Markers (Bic), Ink (Ranger)
** Refer to Cut File link to see how to get my files. .Cut or .Gypsy format only

9 comments:

  1. How sweet of you to do this, and I am sure they are going to love them. So good to see you posting... hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice cards, Jen.
    The ladies will enjoy them.

    PJ(Jessie Adams)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great project! Love the idea of the pull out tag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The ladies will love these. I know I would! I love the color combo and find myself using it frequently for things other than patriotic holidays. Thanks so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh these are so lovely and what a wonderful thought.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jen... super cute as always! I am not sure if my other comment went through..... I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jen.. I wish you were my VT.. those are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Jen... a lot of time and caring went into this project, and it shows! What a wonderful thoughtful gift for the ladies. Looking forward to seeing all the projects you create for them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!