I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Paper Flowers... not just for cards or scrapbooking

Smiley from millan.netSeveral of my friends wear decorative silk flowers in their hair.Smiley from millan.net Since paper is my thing, I decided to see if I could make something comparable in my medium.  I've made paper flowers before but usually they are quite small. Maybe 1 1/2" to 2" in diameter.  This flower is quite a bit larger at 5 1/2".

I didn't have any hair clips to attach it to but the cardstock base was strong enough to use with bobby pins. I'll have to run to the store to get a better hair clip if I intend to wear it again in the future. After church was over a few women stopped me because they wanted to touch the flower. They couldn't tell if it was paper or fabric.
Smiley from millan.netSpecial thanks to my 5 yr old son who is getting very good at taking pictures, don't you think?  Smooch for you, little boy!

Hope you're all having a super Sunday!
Millan.net

Details:
  • Cricut machine, Mini Monograms cartridge
  • Paper: page from old book, White cardstock (Georgia Pacific), Vellum
  • Stamp: Free Spirit -Boy (WaltzingMouse)
  • Other: Shimmerz Spritz, pearl embellishments, Versamark ink, Chalks (pink, yellow, purple, green), Ink (olive), glue

7 comments:

  1. Jen, what a pretty flower! Looks great in your hair!!! You son took a really good pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous. Would love to have instructions for making this flower.--Ryansmaama
    gkburrow@cmaaccess.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jen that flower turned out awesome (and great picture taking by your son)!! I have a blog award for you over on bmy blog (www.carolinescraftography.blogspot.com) be sure to stop by and pick it up :o)

    Caroline (aka Doxieluv01)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!! Your little guy takes great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jen - This has to be one of the most beautiful flowers I've ever seen. Fantastic job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Vintagey flower Jen! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea and what a beautiful flower Jen! Love all the colors and pretty pearls - I can see why people wanted to touch it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!