I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th!

Today is the 4th of July!  Smiley from millan.net Lots of flags are out along our street and at the entrances to the small neighborhood where we live.  It's so nice.  The people that put them out set up 6-8 on each corner at each entrance into the development so as we were driving to and from church this morning we saw all these wonderful flags waving.  It's a grand site. Smiley from millan.netThe flags only make an appearance on special holidays (Memorial Day, Flag Day, Veterans Day and July4th)... Our son loves the flags. ("Look mommy! I see flags!") I wish we could fly them all the time but I would hate for them to lose their specialness.  So instead we fly our personal flag at our home year round and count the days for the next big FLAG holiday.

I hope and pray you all have a wonderful and safe holiday weekend with your families. I give thanks for those brave men and women who traveled over the Atlantic from the "old world" to come to this wonderful new country and who stood up against their oppressors.They gave all they had to bring about the birth of this new nation. To them and to those that continue the fight for freedom every day I say, Thank you. I will be forever thankful for your sacrifice.
Smiley from millan.net

2 comments:

  1. And I wish you a happy 4th.. I so agree, God has truly blessed our nation. hugs my friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! we are all very fortunate to live free in the USA.

    Hope your holiday weekend was a blast.

    PJ(Jessie Adams)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!