I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

You've got a message, mom!

Hiya... Can you believe it's June already? Holy cow! Smiley from millan.net Where is this year going already?

Today's project was inspired by a friend of mine. She has 6 beautiful children ranging in ages from 14 down to 2 yrs old.. Yes! really. Anyway, I've been trying to reach her for two weeks, leaving messages at her home with one of her two oldest children (12 and 14 yrs old...old enough to take a message), sending her email messages, even leaving her messages on facebook. (If you had six kids would you have time to check your email or fb?)

When I finally ran into her at church last Sunday I explained that I had left a message with her son and she rolled her eyes at me. Smiley  from millan.net Apparently he's notorious for thinking he can remember to tell his mom that someone called but then forgets as soon as he hangs up with said caller.

She told me the problem isn't that there isn't something to write on. There's plenty of paper near the phone, but apparently there aren't any pens to be found I guess. .. ...Smiley from millan.net or maybe it was the other way around. Oodles of pens and no paper. In any case, now that problem is solved.

Now she has a nice notepad and pen set all together and personalized just for her messages. Smiley from millan.net
No excuses any more. Right?Smiley from millan.net

My greatest fear...? Her daughter's first name also starts with S. I'm guessing this lovely new notebook will mysteriously go missing.Smiley from millan.net lol

That's it for now. My crafty to-d0 list is growing. I need to create another wedding gift card and a little something for my dad for Father's Day. I hope you're all enjoying your summer so far. Smiley from millan.net Toodles for now....

Details:
  • Cricut machine
  • Software: SureCutsALot
  • Font: Aspen (height and width adjusted to fit)
  • Patterned paper: DiVOGA file folder (Office Max)
  • Cardstock: white (Georgia Pacific), purple (DCWV), gold (PaperTreyInk)
  • Other: magnetic closure (BasicGrey), paper flowers (Prima), pearls (Target $1 spot), microbeads (company no longer exists but you can get them at PennywiseArts), notepad, pen with open clear casing, Glossy Accents (Ranger)

9 comments:

  1. Hi, Jean. What a nice note book! And I think you may possibly be right about it going missing - LOL!!! It's just the kind of book a young girl would be interested in and love to have. You better get busy making another one! LOL!

    Glad to see you posting -- I've missed your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jen, what a wonderful gift, you probably should have made two, just in case the one comes up missing. Good to see you posting. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty pad and pen holder! The papers are lovely.I know your friend likes it a lot. Hope this does the trick.

    PJ(Jessie Adams)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not really commenting on the notebooks although they are cute. I would like a copy of the cut file for the bikini card. I could use either a gypsy or DS cut file. I have both. They are about the cutest cards on the net!!

    Cindy Cook
    cmcook4@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Jen
    I did a comment yesterday and it hasn't shown up. Problems?

    PJ(Jessie Adams)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is funny, Jen. But older people do the same thing also. Cute notebook.
    Have a great week.

    hugs
    bobbi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jen,
    Please send me the cut files for the bikini and purse. I have the E. Thanks. My email is rab1127@aol.com
    Which cartridges does this need?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jen!

    I just found your blog today. You have such wonderful ideas! I was wondering if you have a tutorial on how you made your notebook. My family and I are going to church camp in 3 weeks and I would love to make something like this for them to take to the evening service.

    Thank you so much!
    Tara Rose
    trose@kennesaw.edu

    therapy4roses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jen,
    I would really love to have this file in svg format. Thank You

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!