I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Thursday, June 17, 2010

WMS Blog Hop! Travel album

Good morning! (unless you're on the East Coast or over the pond then it's afternoon or evening already... ACK! >o.O< ) I'm so totally late getting this posted. I have to admit, procrastination got the best of me.
Smiley from millan.netToday is the WMS Blog hop!

The theme is Let's Hear It For the Boys. With Father's Day coming up in a week I wanted to do something for him. My father still travels for business. He has for years... like 50 of them! And I can't believe I didn't come up with this idea sooner. Smiley from millan.net
My friend Kathy, a fellow Smiley from millan.netCricutty, crafty creator inspired this project with her Hardcore tin album that she made for her hubby. My dad isn't into tools and metal and bling and such... So I changed up the papers to something more down home and comfy, befitting of my dad.

The inside pocket on the left holds a pull -out, double-sided accordion album, and the flip-up pockets on the right hold pull-out pictures panels as well. Ooodles of space for pictures. And we need it!
I come from a huge family .... I'm not talking 5 kids, or 8 kids, but 11!! Smiley from millan.net Yup! Every family get together is like a block party!

And with most of us having our own families now, Papa needs space to carry pics of his grandkids and great-grandkids now. (Current count is 30 and 11. I think...Smiley from millan.net)

As you can see, with all those faces to include, I needed something that could hold a LOT of pictures. And with the tin dvd case to hold it all together, it will travel safely in my dad's briefcase or suitcase without being damaged.

And here it is mostly loaded with pics. I had to ship the album off to my sister's house to fill in with some of the pics from her collection.

So.... I hope Claire forgives me because her stamps did not hold center stage on this project, but the plaid background stamp did add just the necessary detail to the cover. Thank you Claire for your wonderful stamps! And thank you Kathy for the wonderful inspiration!
Hope you liked the project. I know my dad won't see this before he receives the actual album on Father's Day unless one of his kids or grandkids shows it to him. I just wanted to let him know... Dad, I love you. And now where ever you go, you won't have to go alone any more. Your family will be with you always.
Smiley from millan.net

Details:
  • Stamps: Offbeat Backgrounds (WaltzingMouse Stamps)
  • Patterned Paper: All About Boys (DCWV)
  • Cardstock: Kraft (PaperTreyInk), charcoal (PaperCo), white (Georgia Pacific)
  • Ink: Cream, Chestnut Roan (Colorbox)
  • Cuttlebug and Houndstooth Embossing Folder (ProvoCraft)
  • DVD case (Meritline)
  • Other: Jute (JoAnns), mini-brads (MemoryMakers), decorative brads (JoAnns), sewing machine, Natural colored thread

23 comments:

  1. Love it that the whole thing is in a tin! And all the nooks and crannies are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a stunning project. Your dad will certainly treasure this beautiful, heartfelt gift. What a wonderful keepsake. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is a wonderful project - wow so many pics that need to go inside!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spectacular project! What a sweet and creative way for your Dad to carry his family with him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet Father's Day gift. Your dad is going to be thrilled when he gets it.

    Hmm... with all those family pictures I hope the airlines don't charge him for extra weight when he travels :0)

    all the best
    PJ(Jessie Adams)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great project! love the decorated tin and all the different pages inside!! This took some time to make - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You just never cease to impress me Jen. This is totally awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing project & the plaid background worked beautifully

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow! absolutley fanstastic!! its such a a lovely idea! btw I love that your blog is named after a king Julian quote!! Love them penguins too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful project !!! Brava Ciao Lory

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow...this is one awesome creation. Love all the variety of your page shapes and design throughout!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh WOW! Jen, this is just superb!! what a thoughtful gift!!and so well put together in gorgeous colours!! Thank you for waltzing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's so cool! What a great project! Thanks, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great project! He'll love it for sure! The colors you used are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my! What a gorgeous project! Love your altered tin!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So lovely! What a fabulous project and such pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow. what a great project. what a great present to give to someone. the inside organization was well-thought out.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Backgrounds are important! They can make or break a card. I love your project - it is truly amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is so cute. What a great idea. I will have to lift this.

    Emily C

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a thoughtful and FANTASTIC project! Thanks so much for sharing - your dad is a lucky guy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!