I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Monday, May 17, 2010

WMS Blog Waltz: Happy Birthday card

For the first time in several weeks I had a nice, quiet weekend...Smiley from millan.net
Thank goodness! I have wanted to play along with the WaltzingMouse blog waltz for a while. My life finally decided to cooperate and let me this month. The theme this month is birthdays.

So I pulled out some of my stamps and started to play. I used the stamps from the Free Spirit - Boys and Sentiments sets to create this card. There's also a wee bit of Off Beat Backgrounds there too.

With a little bit of stitching, glittery paper and a touch of glaze, I'm fairly pleased with the result.

Hope you are all having a fabulous Monday! Happy Waltzing! Smiley from millan.net

Details:
  • Stamps: Free Spirit - Boys, Free Spirit-Boy Sentiments, and Off Beat BackgroundsWaltzingMouseStamps)
  • Cardstock: White (Georgia Pacific); Kraft, New Leaf (PaperTreyInk); Pink (DCWV); Yellow (PaperCo.)
  • Ink: Eggshell White (ColorBox); New Leaf, Berry Sorbet (PaperTreyInk)
  • Glaze: Glossy Accents (Ranger)

25 comments:

  1. It turned out just beautiful... I love your stitching, I am just starting to do a little of it. Having trouble doing a straight stitch. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card it is. Thanks for showing here.

    post free classified ads

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, love the medallion you created from the image from Free Spirit! That's a fabulous flower/star!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the stamped background and all the stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a creative use of the Free Spirit stamps! love the bright colors and fun sentiment banner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab card - love that bold dramatic flower element and the curled sentiment banner!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The hibiscus stamp has made a beautiful background paper... and great use of the asian looking stamp (I'll be cribbing this idea LOL!)
    Hugs
    Angela xxx.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card, great colours and love the different stamp sets that you have used. Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the medallion! Great card with fresh, fun colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very innovative use of the stamps - I like the dimension with the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is really pretty. Great use of the stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like what you did with the different elements from this set! That star is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow Jen, I love what you did with the tribal tattoo it makes such a cool pattern! A cracking card!! Thank you for waltzing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun card! Love the bright bold color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card - love the banner and all that stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great use of several different sets, especially the Free Spirit - Boys.Love the medallion...

    ReplyDelete
  17. How fun is this card! It so fresh and unique. I love the color and glitter on the motif and that ribbon sentiment is sweetness. Thanks for waltzing so I could be inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! I love how you created that flower - I would have never thought of that! Its gorgeous! So glad you had the chance to waltz with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooh, I likey! So pretty and such a fun way to repeat a gorgeous pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Would never have thought to use the Free Spirit set to make a flower - very creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is great. I am partial to judiciously applied glitter - this makes great use of it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely card, so unusual and I love the stitching - must get my sewing machine out more!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!