I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Friday, April 2, 2010

Happy Easter!

Smiley from millan.netEveryone!

I got these super cute shaped card templates from Paper Popsicles and had to make a fun card with them. Really... it's more like a gift! I took the Peep shaped card and turned it into an accordion book/banner, which can be placed up on a shelf or as part of the center piece on your table. I'm really pleased with it.

I added little black glitter glue eyes but after I added the flower and letter to each bunny I thought how cute it would be without the eyes and the little white patch could be his tail. So, I'm not sure how I like it best, but I think it looks great both with and without the little "peep" eyes.


The whole accordion book folds up and fits inside a cute Easter Basket cover. I used the Easter Basket shaped card (also from Paper Popsicles), which I altered to add more depth to hold the peep book inside.

I added a pocket inside the cover and a flap to wrap around and attach at the front to hold it closed. (I hand cut the wrap around flap using the preprinted border on the paper.)


And I added one more flower shape at the front to tie the inside and outside together.

Smiley from millan.netI colored the handle of the basket by hand with some markers and the decorative paper on the front of the basket actually had the lacy decorative edge already printed onto the paper.
(Oh how I love it when it's easy but it looks super complex!)

A little green grass sandwiched between the white cardstock and the decorative paper gives a fun texture and a touch of color.

Smiley from millan.netI hope you and your families all have a wonderful Easter holiday! Smiley from millan.net

Details:
  • Software: Photoshop, Inkscape, SCAL2
  • Digital files: Peep shaped card, Easter Basket shaped card (PaperPopsicles)
  • Cardstock: White, Black (Paper Co.), pink, purple, green, yellow (DCWV glitter stack)
  • Decorative paper (DCWV Sweet stack)
  • Other: Black glitter glue, Bic Mark Its, plastic grass
  • .SCUT file only available with proof of purchase from PaperPopsicles

5 comments:

  1. Hi, Jen. Sorry about the problem you were having. I was just being patient because I knew you'd get it resolved! Well, here you are with another of the cutest projects. This little "bunnies" card is just adorable. You really do come up with the cutest things -- I'm still just in awe of everything you come up with and how sharing you are.

    Hope you have a wonderful Easter, my friend.

    I'll be seeing you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, it's too cute!! Have a wonderful Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just dropped in to wish you and your family a wonderful and happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful project - card and decoration all-in-one! Will have to save this idea for my grandkids next year. Thanks, Jen.

    Hope your Easter was a joy.
    PJ(Jessie Adams)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Jen, this is just so adorable... I miss seeing you post. hugs. Hope you had a wonderful Easter

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!