I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Friday, March 26, 2010

A Reason to Celebrate - PWA Bloghop

Good morning all!
I was invited to participate in the Pennywise Arts blog hop! Smiley from millan.net How fun! Bloghops are such a great way to travel through the web checking out fun creations and discovering bloggers you never knew existed.If you happened to stop by my blog today just out of habit, great! Thank you for coming to see me. If by chance you're interested in seeing all of the blogs on today's "hop" you'll want to jump over to Suzanne's blog so you can start at the beginning. (If you've already been hopping along then you should have arrived here from Rita Anne's blog....I have a full list of the bloghop participants at the end of this post.)

The beady creation that I'm presenting to you today is a card that I made for my nephew who is getting married today!! He and his sweetie wanted a gift card to one of their favorite stores so they could do some furniture shopping. Since the gift itself was super easy I put a bit more effort into the presentation....

And once again I happened to have all of the project supplies in my stash. (I Love that!) I started by finding the patterned paper in a paperstack I had purchased six months ago and was able to match it to some cardstock and ribbon also in my craft closet full of supplies.
Inside the top flap, I created a pocket to hold the gift card and then realized that because of it's orientation (the pocket will be upside down when the card is closed), the card could fall out of the card. So I added a small flap that can be tucked into the pocket to hold the card securely in the card until they decide to remove it.

I added clear beads to the stamped frame around the sentiment and also along the ribbon with super sticky tape. Something about how the card looks in this picture doesn't scream "special" to me at all. It looks so much more sparkly in real life. So, to show that off, I moved to a less sunny room in my house so that the flash would work on my camera.....

Ta-Da! Smiley from millan.net See what I mean about special? The clear beads gleam like diamonds against the ribbon and the cardstock. It's really very pretty to look at. And the texture is amazing too.


Smiley from millan.netIf you've never had a chance to work with microbeads I highly recommend it. It's super fun! Pennywise offers the clear beads in three sizes - Micro, Mini and Ultra fine. They also come in lots of colors not just clear, both in opaque and transparent versions. I've been using them for years on various different projects. As you can see, they're not just for shaker boxes.

I hope you've enjoyed your visit today. Have a wonderful day! Smiley from millan.netYour next stop on the bloghop is Linda's blog. Oh! And don't forget to leave comments on each of the blogs today. There will be a drawing for a super-fab prize given to a hopper that leaves a comment on every blog entry in the bloghop today.

Here's a list of all of the participants in case you get lost along the way:
  1. Suzanne
  2. Bea
  3. Rita Ann
  4. --> Jen <--- You are here
  5. Linda
  6. Marianne
  7. Jennifer W
  8. Kathi
  9. Jennifer T
  10. Bea (yes, back to see Bea again)
  11. Stephanie
  12. Michele
  13. Beki
  14. Bridget
  15. Lisa
  16. Evelyn
  17. Suzanne (yes, you will start and end with Suzanne)

Details:

46 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card!!!

    MelissaAllore on the Cricut Board

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card and what a way to present the gift card. Love it!!!! I have a wedding coming up end of April I think I'll be busy now. On to the next hop!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great idea! definitely something to CASE in the future, tfs - jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen - just hoped over to see what you had been working on and your card is absolutely beautiful. Thanks for sharing it with us!!!

    Caroline (aka Doxieluv01 on Cricut MB)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty sparkle added to this ribbon-Thanks for doing this hop along...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jen,
    What a beautiful card. I love all the details you put into it. The bunnies in your message are too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card. I'm sure your nephew will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hopped on over to check out your site! Love the gift card holder idea and the way you embellished the ribbon with the micro beads. It was a reminder to me to do use them more on ribbon. Will be back! Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Showing the "magic" of micro beads in a photo is always a challenge but you overcame it and really made them shine with your card and creative photography Jen! Way to go! And congrats to the happy couple!

    Hugs, Suzanne
    Pennywise Arts blog sponsor

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just hopping by to say "hi!"
    Your card is absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty! Love the beads added to the ribbon.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! I am doing the PWA blog hop! love the cards!! -Melissa H

    ReplyDelete
  13. Doing the PWA blog hop! Love your page!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just love the colors of your card. I have some beads, but haven't used them yet. Hopefully this will give me the push! Thanks, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, Jen. Your card is so pretty -- love the micro beads; I'll have to try those.

    As always, you never fail! Love the new look on your blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely love the beads on the ribbon! They will never throw this wedding card away!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beaded Ribbon!...DUH!..It was Awesome! Good thing I have a TON of beads..Thanks, Suzanne!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my goodness - how do you come up with these wonderful ideas??? Ok - you must share this with me - I LOVE IT! Is this a cut file or do you have instructions??

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hopping by! Loved the idea you did with the beads and on the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hopping by! Love what you did with the beads on the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I LOVE this card ( and am now a follower)
    I love Micro beads :) Nice tutorial. Please tell me on the bow part did you do the beads before or after tying it?
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  22. Never thought of beading ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous work. PS: cute pic of your son doing the irish jig!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Jen,
    Great job on this card. Love the beads added
    to the ribbon, that made the card!!
    Thanks for doing the blog hop. Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  25. Note to self... add beads over ribbon for a wonderful sparkle!

    Thank you Jen for sharing your beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wowie!!! It sure does sparkle!!! Really beautiful!!!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  27. what a special card. the beaded ribbon is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Nice card. I really must try the beading technique. Love the picture of your son doing a jig on the bubble wrap...

    ReplyDelete
  29. As always, beautiful Jen! Gail gailheinecke at charter dot net

    ReplyDelete
  30. cute idea for gift card. pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a special card, you have a very lucky nephew! Loved the beads on the ribbon! Here we go Hippty Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I hope your nephew and his new wife will be very happy. :) Your card is just beautiful - maybe I would still be married had I gotten a card like yours. Naaah. lol

    I love how you added the beads - and I really love how everything was already in your stash. That rocks! Great card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. This card is wonderful! Very sophisticated.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Beads on the ribbon! Love it! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Great card. Very creative. I just learned how to use micro beads and am loving the inspiration I'm seeing on this 'hop'. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Just hopping by to have another look at your beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Where do you get your inspiration?!?

    Great work!
    Genene

    ReplyDelete
  38. Where do you get your inspiration?!?

    Great work!

    Genene

    ReplyDelete
  39. Very inspirational!

    Love the cards

    Genene

    ReplyDelete
  40. Absolutely beautiful Jen. Great idea.
    Hugs,
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  41. The beaded ribbon is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Really cute idea for the card and enjoyed learning about adding the beads to the ribbon.
    Hugs,'Brooke B.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Congratulations, Jen!

    Lovely wedding card. I've never worked with beads but am now inspired.Thanks for the tutorial.

    Best wishes to your nephew and his bride.
    PJ(Jessie Adams)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!