Perfect day for welding a few shapes together into a box, right?
Cute, am I right? And terrifically perfect for giving a fun giftie in. Oh, and I created the embellishments too. The flower was made from cutting scallop circles out of an old book I found for $1 at Goodwill. (Woohoo! Love a good deal!) The book was printed back in 1940s so the paper has this funny - fabric like texture to it. A little fuzzy, very soft. It took a few trials and errors to get the right cutting pressure and depth on my Cricut to get it just right. Lucky for me I have a 400 page book... lots of pages for practicing.
And I used green glitter glue to create the little shamrock. I simply drew it out on a non-stick mat, let it dry and pealed it off. Instant glittery embellishment.
And how is my son celebrating his little vacation from school? He decided to do his best Irish jig on some bubblewrap to show his joy!
Yup. No doubt about it. I am blessed.
Have a wonderful day!
- Finished size: 5 1/2" x 3 1/2", including gable closure
- Cricut Expression (not baby bug compatible due to size), DesignStudio, George cartridge
- CUT FILE: ** Donate button is at the top right. Please specify which file & format you want when you purchase.
- Cuttlebug and argyle embossing folder
- Cardstock: green, beige (DCWV), white (Georgia Pacific)
- Patterned paper: DCWV
- Stamp: Beyond Borders (PaperTreyInk)
- Ink: New Leaf (PaperTreyInk), Gold (Encore)
- Other: Gold Stickles, Green glitter glue (Joann's), Ribbon (Michael's), Adhesive (ATG, foam), 2" circle punch (EKSuccess), tiny brad (Oriental Trading Co)