I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Monday, March 8, 2010

Green Gables

I've wanted to make one of these for a while now. Just haven't made it a priority. Well, today was the day. Today is the first Monday of Spring Break for my son. We are both just hanging out at home (kinda rainy and gray outside) and taking it eeeeeeeeasy.Smiley from millan.net

Perfect day for welding a few shapes together into a box, right?

Cute, am I right? And terrifically perfect for giving a fun giftie in. Oh, and I created the embellishments too. The flower was made from cutting scallop circles out of an old book I found for $1 at Goodwill. (Woohoo! Love a good deal!) The book was printed back in 1940s so the paper has this funny - fabric like texture to it. A little fuzzy, very soft. It took a few trials and errors to get the right cutting pressure and depth on my Cricut to get it just right. Lucky for me I have a 400 page book... lots of pages for practicing.Smiley from millan.net

And I used green glitter glue to create the little shamrock. I simply drew it out on a non-stick mat, let it dry and pealed it off. Instant glittery embellishment.

And how is my son celebrating his little vacation from school? Smiley from millan.net He decided to do his best Irish jig on some bubblewrap to show his joy!


Yup. No doubt about it. I am blessed. Smiley from millan.net
Have a wonderful day!

Details:

  • Finished size: 5 1/2" x 3 1/2", including gable closure
  • Cricut Expression (not baby bug compatible due to size), DesignStudio, George cartridge
  • CUT FILE: ** Donate button is at the top right. Please specify which file & format you want when you purchase.
  • Cuttlebug and argyle embossing folder
  • Cardstock: green, beige (DCWV), white (Georgia Pacific)
  • Patterned paper: DCWV
  • Stamp: Beyond Borders (PaperTreyInk)
  • Ink: New Leaf (PaperTreyInk), Gold (Encore)
  • Other: Gold Stickles, Green glitter glue (Joann's), Ribbon (Michael's), Adhesive (ATG, foam), 2" circle punch (EKSuccess), tiny brad (Oriental Trading Co)
** Refer to Cut File link to see how to get my files.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful creation. Love the flower with the shamrock centre.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The box is very pretty.

    Love the picture of Porter. He looks like he's having fun. I'm a sucker for bubble wrap also.
    Hope you and Porter have a fun vacation.

    hugs,
    bobbi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another fantastic box!! I just wanted to let you know that I really did take a picture of the notecard box I made from your cut file - go to the Cricut MB under Cricut Crafts and the post says "THANKS TO JEN C." (sorry I don't know how to add the link in the comment)! Thanks again, Jen. The hostess was absolutely thrilled with the gift!

    Jackie Kraftchick

    ReplyDelete
  4. Porter sure is having fun with that bubble wrap.
    Handsome young man, Jen. Hope you two have loads of fun this spring break.

    Like your little box and the glitter shamrock tip. Thanks.
    PJ (Jessie Adams)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jen, beautiful box. I would love to have the cut file. Thanks for sharing. Hope you're having a great Spring break with your son.
    pkmannix@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love the gable box file and also the cut file for the Easter box with the little chick. You are so talented, TFS with us. Janice janicewest999@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!