I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Saturday, February 13, 2010

...Technology IS my friend...

Hi Everyone Smiley from millan.net

These cute, unassuming little cards... well, they're not really little, they're 5x7... have a nice surprise inside:

My sister shared this fun pattern with me. She hand cuts them when she makes it. That is, until I got my hands on it and converted it to a .scut file. (Yay!)

I tried to get a good upright photo to show you some dimension. This one is fair but not great. But I think you can see how the candles pop out from behind the cake.

Anyway, these two cards are for some twin 4-turning-5 year old boys whose birthdays are tomorrow. Smiley from millan.net They are in my son's primary class at church. His teacher had to go out of town and asked if I'd teach her class. And then mentioned their birthdays. How could I not share a little love, right? Smiley from millan.net I mean, it's Valentine's Day! That and I have a special affinity for twins, being one myself.

Oh. Oh. Oh! Have you been watching the Olympics?? Hubby and I are watching them as I type this post. We just watched two men take Silver and Bronze in speed skating and the US girls win the Gold and Silver in women's moguls. Smiley from millan.net(My knees and hips hurt just watching those tough ladies come down the mountain. Owoooo!)

I hope you all have a wonderful day tomorrow. My hubby got me some pretty roses and some chocolates. Smiley from millan.net(Thanks hunny! Love you!)

FYI.......Besides being super busy this last week with things away from my home, helping out at my son's school and such, I also haven't had internet for a couple days. I noticed this morning when I finally got internet back that I had more than a few requests for cut files. Be patient. I promise to get to them soon.

Details:

  • Hardware: Cricut
  • Software: Sure Cuts A Lot, Photoshop
  • CUT FILE: ** Donate button is at the top right. Please specify which file you want when you purchase.
  • Cardstock: Blue, Green (Paper Company), White (Georgia Pacific)
  • Ribbon: Michael's
  • Font: Tangerine
  • Other: Silver Sharpie, double-stick tape
** Refer to Cut File link to see how to get my files. 

10 comments:

  1. they are really cute cards jen, i really like the little candles too and the flowers look beautiful xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so cute Jen.. I see it's a .scut file :-( (there you go on the dark side again. lol) The roses are just beautiful. I hope you have s WONDERFUL day my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Jen, glad to see you posting!!! Just dropped in the say how cute that card is!

    Hope you have a wonderful Happy Valentine Day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute, interactive card. Thanks for sharing it with us! I agree with you about the olympians - how do they do that and still walk afterwards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jen,
    I just discovered your blog and I love it. I found a post about.. How To create the A2 Card and Envelope box. I went to Paper Popscicles to look for it and could not find it there. I was wondering if you could e-mail it to me. Is it a .cut file or a PDF? I use SCAL or PDF since I don't have Design Studio yet. All of your creations are so beautiful. I adore the purses, especially the one the lady made the Coach purse from. My email is bjm1952@gmail.com Thanks so much for being so inspiring. Bobbi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jen,
    I am new to your blog, new to cricut and love your inspiration. I would be blessed and excited to use your cut files. My email address is embellishartist@gmail.com and my blog, which does not get the attention should is embellishartist.blogspot.com Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've made some of these pop-up bday cards by hand myself. Nice to have a scut file to save some time.
    Thanks, Jen.

    PJ (Jessie Adams)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love a copy of this file, Jen. Awesome card. As usual, you did an amazing job!

    shell at ntheory.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. THis card is really cute! I would love a copy of this file. The little boy I take care of turns 3 in April and he would love a card like this that "pops-up" at him... LOL! Thanks! tazladyok@cox.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. I left you a little something on my blog Jen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!