I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Thank yous

I hope you all have enjoyed your holidays. I know I did. Craziness and all. Smiley from millan.net It was lots of fun. My sis and her kiddies came to visit for a few days. They have gone home now. My house seems so quiet. (*sigh*)

My To-Do list is long, but life is good. No major complaints. One by one each of my tasks are getting done...
  • Laundry (bed linens and towels)...washed
  • Beds remade
  • Floors vacuumed and mopped Smiley from millan.net
  • Dishwasher emptied
  • Next up.... Christmas stuff
As I type this I'm staring at the Christmas garland over our entertainment center... No, I'm not the type to leave up the lights and tree till Valentines Day. Usually it comes down over New Year's weekend, but this year I needed to leave it up a bit longer than usual because of our post-Christmas visitors. We usually get together a week or two before Santa's big visit, but that didn't happen this year. Now that they're gone I need to get up on the ladder in the garage and get my storage bins down.

I promised you some pictures of the thank you cards I made last week. And I have not forgotten. The cards went in the mail and should all be received by now so I won't be ruining any surprises.

Isn't this little guy cute? I found him at Stamping Bella. It's by Tiddly Inks. I have a hard time finding little boy stamps that aren't too sweet. Know what I mean? So when I saw this one I thought it was great!

Here's a quick peak at the inside.

I was able to stamp six of him on an 8 1/2"x11" white cardstock then color him using mostly my Bic Mark-Its. (I had to use a Crayola Peach crayon for his face and arms).


A little reversed scallop edge was added using some old Fiskars scissors. The top right corner was shaped using a corner rounder punch. The edges were inked using a Bic marker. The button shaped brads I believe are from MakingMemories. I have them stored in a little sectioned "bead box" and I've had them for so long I don't remember. Oh, and I hand wrote the sentiment.

That's it. Pretty easy, huh? Thanks for stopping by.
Have a wonderful day!Millan.net

Details:
  • Stamp: Catch of the Day (Stamping Bella)
  • Cardstock: Kraft, Pure Poppy, Ocean Tides (PaperTrey Ink), white (Georgia Pacific)
  • Patterned Paper: Halfway Cafe - Flagstaff (CosmoCricut)
  • Brads: Button (MakingMemories)
  • Other: Bic Mark-Its, Small Scallop scissors (Fiskars), ATG, foam dots, Scor-Pal

7 comments:

  1. Oh they turned out sooo cute Jen. Love your coloring. Glad you had a nice Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love stamping bella! There are so adorable stamps! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen your coloring is FANTASTIC! Man you are all that AND a bag of chips! Missing you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable cards Jen! I love the stamp!

    Debi
    abusyfamilyof6

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear you on the little boy things - I have the same problem frequently! Very cute thank you cards. I will have to check out stamping bella and maybe make a bunch for my little guy, too! Fun Stuff - thanks for sharing!

    Amy G

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so cute!! I love the way you colored the stamp....for the life of me I never could figure out how everyone got the different colors onto the stampe without them "running together" - didn't realize they were hand colored! LOL!! and I am not a blonde!! I never have done anything with stamps and don't know anyone that does so I never knew they were hand colored.....thanks for mentioning that!! I always love to visit your blog to see what new creations you have posted. Love your work!! TFS Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!