I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Baby Elephant

Melissa from PaperPopsicles Has been busy putting together her new venture. In about 5 days (January 15th) she'll be launching her new store. Very exciting, right?

Well, she asked a handful of her friends to let the word out that she has a freebie on her blog right now for any one that may be interested. It's this fun little elephant shaped card.Smiley from millan.net

I have a couple friends that have just had babies and so I decided to make a patchwork elephant.

I cut the card out once using SCAL and my Cricut. Then using some Cricut markers I used my Cricut to trace another elephant. Then I took a handful of scraps of patterned paper and glued them to the back of the traced elephant. Once the glue was dry, I used the marker line to hand cut the elephant out cutting just inside the outline. I glued the patchwork elephant to the card top adding a bow tie and handwritten "For you!" tag. Then outlined the patchwork elephant and the sections where the papers were joined together with Stickles.

The card needed something else.... So I took one more scrap of paper, rounded the corners and pinched it in the middle with a dab of glue to make a dimensional ear.

The good news is, Melissa is sharing this cute little elephant card with everyone. Yup! A Freebie! As far as I know there isn't a time limit but it wouldn't hurt to run over there right now and pick it up just in case

Hope you're all having a fantastic Sunday.
And don't forget to check out "What's the Scoop?" on January 15th!


4 comments:

  1. Oh Jen, that is the cutest patchwork elephant I have ever seen.. ok, so I haven't ever seen any patchwork elephants before, but he is just toooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet card! Great idea for the patchwork and thanks for the directions - love the dimensional ear.
    I gave my DGD#2 a plush elephant for Christmas and will make this card for her.

    PJ (Jessie Adams)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your patchwork elephant card! very cute!!! I will have to give this elephant a try! Thanks for the info

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!