I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

It's all about the Present-ation

Hiya crafty peoples :)
I know, it's been forever since I've created anything or posted with any regularity on my blog. I hope that as we get through the holidays that I'll be able to get back to creating and sharing.

I have been creating but I haven't had a chance to share what I've been making. I've taken pictures though so I'll be sharing what I made with you over the next few days/weeks. Here's my first project:

It's a gift box for a gift card. When you take the lid off the box opens to reveal the gift standing in the center:

I love the shimmer of the cardstock in midnight blue and silver and the silver embossed stamps that I used with it. The shimmer just doesn't come through in the pictures but it's FAB! T he picture below of the tag kind of gives you a glimpse of how the blue looks in real life. That sparkle is not an added embellishment. That's how the cardstock really looks. It's not a glitter paper. It's just this shimmery midnight blue yumminess. And then with the silver embossed stamped images over it.... what can I say but Mmmm!

If you're giving any gift cards this holiday season this might be something you will want to make. So much nicer than a lil' old card. (*wink*)

Have a great night.

Details:

  • Cricut, DesignStudio and George or Plantin Schoolbook
  • CUT FILE: ** Donate button is at the top right. Please specify which file you want when you purchase.
  • Cardstock: Night Sky Shimmer, Silver Shimmer (PaperTreyInk)
  • Stamps: Very Vintage Christmas (WaltzingMouse Stamps)
  • Ink: Encore Ultimate Silver
  • Embossing Powder: Sterling Silver (Stampendous
 ** Refer to Cut File link to see how to get my files.
 
[Edited to note: depending on how the fold works on the insert piece inside the box, you may have to cut it in half because the 'bump' may cause the gift card to tip or fall over... Thanks for the feedback Sandy]

[Edited to note: Ok, I did some experimentation because I was worried about the insert not working. As it turns out, you need really GOOD cardstock. Nothing flimsy. Even layering a couple pieces of card didn't help. Please use a good heavier weight card that will hold it's shape after you've scored and folded it.]

20 comments:

  1. Oh Jen how cute is that. I just made two little purses off of Tags and bags etc. but this is so cute, are you sharing your .cut file? I would so love to have it. I was wanting something for the guys, purses just won't work for them. lol. This is too cute, it will make the girls wish I had done it for them, but just finished up the little purses and they look really sad compared to this. If you are sharing I would really love it. Is it hare to do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to say "hard" to do. And I have missed seeing all of your awesome creations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jen, if you are sharing, could I please get a copy of this wonderful file please?!? I have several gift cards I have to give and this would be perfect. Thank you for sharing your wonderful talents and gifts!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen I missed you!! You disappeared right after I found your blog! LOL If you are sharing I'd love the cut file too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yipee, you're back!
    And what a lovely project to share. The blue paper is gorgeous, can't believe it's not metallic. I love how you've made the box top like a purse. You are so creative.
    Looking forward to the rest of the "goodies" after the holiday and just keeping in touch.

    Merry Christmas!
    PJ (Jessie Adams)

    ReplyDelete
  6. trace@frontiernet.netDecember 17, 2009 at 9:31 AM

    Jen, your work is AMAZING! I just saw your HOPE JOY wallhanging on Obsessed with Scrapbooking. Could you send me the cut file for the box above as well as for your gorgeous gold wall hanging? Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi,
    im am glad that you are back. i love everything that you make. if you are sharing the cut i would love to have it.
    thank you
    joanneh
    heiderscheidj@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you are back. I missed your creation, this is too cute. I would love to have if you are sharing. ezmats77@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow luv your blog I have added you to my favorites! You have some amazing creations here!I would really like to have the cut file for your clever gift card holder if your sharing...
    tacstamps2u@hotmail.com
    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How adorable! I'd love to have the cut file.
    claudiamatzke@hotmail.com. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jen,
    I too would love to have directions or cut file for this box. It is so wonderfully useful for any season! You have such wonderful ideas and I love your CDS classes! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jen,
    That is a cool way to present a gift card. We have Christmas with my husband's side of the family and we usually exchange gift cards and I would love to get the cut file to make some up so it's not just an envelope.
    kwedding2@windstream.net
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great idea. I am always looking for new ways to give gift cards. I would love to have the cut file.

    Thanks, Janet
    morganbjmk@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jen I love this box! If you are sharing the file I would love to have it as well. Hope you and your family are having a wonderful Holiday!

    Michelle Dyson

    myhell1968@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. How absolutely darling! Would LOVE to have your cut file for this little cutie. Probably too late for Christmas, but I have lots of birthdays coming up. I hope you and yours have a blessed holiday. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

    Jill
    jwinholt@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jen its great as always, would love the file if your sharing.
    Jan
    happy2scrap56@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Now that is cool! If you are sharing, I would love to have this file.

    ReplyDelete
  18. AWESOME! I just wish I would have checked your blog before crappily wrapping a ton of gift cards for Christmas - LOL! I would love the cut file if you are sharing. Thanks so much!

    oh.brothers@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love these boxes! I would love to have the .cut file for Plantin if you are sharing.

    jscholl@live.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Could you please share the cut files for your "Present-ation" box? Please, please, please. I love the idea and would like to use it for my DIL birthday gift card. If you would be so kind to email the file to me - Robingib4@aol.com I would greatly appreciate. Love checking out your blog when I can, you are one talented lady!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!