I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Monday, October 12, 2009

Paper Popsicles: Monday Madness Show-n-Tell

Howdy Cowboys and Cowgirls,
For those of you who snatched up the Freebie Friday from the Paper Popsicles Blog last Friday, today is Monday Madness Show-n-Tell to show off your creations. :)

I decided to take a little artist's license and change up the digital freebie a bit. As you can see here, from the original digital stamp, Little Oliver didn't make the cut. That's what I love about digital stamps. You can change the size, alter the contents, and make it fit your need! And once you buy, for a nominal cost, you can print it as many times as you want.

After making my alterations to the Oliver the Cowboy file, I colored the hat and cut it out.

I mounted the hat on a couple layers of foam adhesive to add dimension.

It's hard to tell, but I embossed the striped paper with the Floral Fantasy embossing folder. To me the pattern reminds me of a bandanna print. The small antiqued gold brads and the ribbon with the stitched detail really brought the whole thing together. The band on the hat looks more pink in the picture but in person it's as deep red as the stripe on the picture.

I hope you all had a great day today. Tomorrow we're going to the zoo. It's fall break for my son. And with the weather finally in the 80's during the day the zoo is a great place to spend some outdoor time.

If you have the Freebie Friday from last week, I hope you'll consider playing along with the Show-n-Tell. It's a lot of fun!! And you could win some fun prizes from Paper Popsicles.

Details:
  • Digital Stamp: Kids - Oliver the Cowboy (Cheeky Radish)
  • Patterned papers: Howdy Paper Stack Pack (Carolee's); Cold Raspberry Cinnamon Stick (Jillibean)
  • Ink: Chestnut Roan (Colorbox); Burlap (Tim Holtz)
  • Markers: Honey Brown, Tiki Hut Tan, Prairie Berry, Moonstone Yellow (Bic Mark It)
  • Cuttlebug and Floral Fantasy embossing folder (Provo Craft)
  • Brads (MakingMemories)
  • Ribbon (Michael's)

3 comments:

  1. Howdy, Jen, this is a mighty CUTE card!:) Really like the pp you used and that matching bow! Great coloring of the image as well! FUN sentiment ;)!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!