I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Paper Popsicles: Creepy Crawly Blog Stomp

Welcome to Paper Popsicles' second blog hop, our CREEPY, CRAWLY, Blog STOMP! Today, we hope that as you go around to each of our creative team member blogs, you will find inspiration, some tricks, and perhaps some TREATS!

If you stumbled upon my blog from Amy GREAT!!! You are on the right track! If you stumbled upon my blog and wish to play along, please start at the Paper Popsicles' blog.

Our porch lights are now on! As you move from one blog to the next, you will collect a TREAT (a word). Gather all the treats to make a ghoulish saying and email your phrase to Melissa at melissa@paperpopsicles.com. For your efforts, you will be entered into a RAK to win a fantastic prize—THE LOUD TALKER KIT!


Please leave a comment on EVERY blog during our stomp....otherwise you might miss out on some other free treats!!!!
Now, on with the show! Here is MY ghoulish surprise: A Hauntingly Festive Banner!

I've mentioned before about how I love the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland. Well, I decided to use it as the theme for my Halloween banner. The main word across the banner reads "999 Happy Haunts." When you enter the amusement ride the Caretaker starts to speak. He tells of the ghostly occupants and how there are is always room for one more. (*wink*)


On each of the panels is found a fun Halloween shape decorated with either glittery goodness or embossed with a silvery inked design.


Each of these little icons started out as one of the digital shaped cards available in the Paper Popsicles store, which I altered to be a digital stamp. That's the beauty of digital files. They can be changed in size and color to fit your needs. :) Some of the shapes (like the bats and ghost) were then mounted on coiled wire so that they could 'fly.'


While the non-flying objects like shoe and hat were mounted using foam to lift them off the panels for added dimension.


The witch is flying on a wire but it's hard to tell from the angle I took the pic. She is also painted with Shimmerz Spritz and then outlined with a 'black magic' glitter glue that I found at a local craft store.


The pumpkin was painted with Shimmerz and outlined with glittery glue also as well as his fangy grin. Glittery glue and stamped images were added to some of the background papers as well to give more interest.


To put the banner together, each panel was mounted on a long strip of ribbon with some space left in between. Buttons were stacked up and tied on to the ribbon with some brown twine.


The words from the cemetery ghosts' song was typed up, printed on to paper and turned into a funky, aged paper ribbon which runs across the top of each panel. Gathered crepe paper, accordion pleated rosettes and zigzag stitching adds to the details.


Here's a close up of one of the bats which was stamped and embossed with silver embossing powder. Two bats were mounted back to back on a black coiled wire so that the adhesive won't be exposed regardless which angle you look at it.

The folded medallions in the center of each panel give such a cool texture and then all the little patterns and details really make this banner come to life. Every time my son walks past the window where it's hanging he yells (yes, YELLS!) "Hey mom! Halloween day!" He is so excited for it to be October. It's too cute.

Ok enough of me going on and on....
I guess you want your other treat too? The treat on my blog is BREWING AT

Now that you have been scared into the season, don’t forget to leave a comment, then head over to Robyn’s blog next!


In case you were curious.... Here is the list of blogs in the stomp:
  1. Tricia www.triciastreasures.blogspot.com
  2. Lynda www.positive-force.blogspot.com
  3. Cassie www.fortheartofit.blogspot.com
  4. Valerie www.allmyscrappin.blogspot.com
  5. Lora www.singingsquirrel.blogspot.com
  6. Carol www.crazyforcrafting.blogspot.com
  7. Amy www.papertrailsleaver.blogspot.com
  8. Jen www.jensbrainthings.blogspot.com <---- YOU ARE HERE
  9. Robyn www.dreaminginscraps.blogspot.com <---- GO HERE NEXT
Don't forget - Paper Popsicles is screaming with great deals today. 25% off everything in the store and 50% off all clearance! October 10th only. www.paperpopsicles.com/store

Thanks for stopping by. If you're read this far you get a special Trick-or-Treat prize! A fun Halloween themed digital design from PaperPopsicles. Click on the image to get the full size. Then you can right click to save:
Happy Stomping!

Details:
I'm pretty certain I've forgotten something I used on this lil'lovely. If I remember anything else I'll come back and update with the info.

Special THANKS to my sis who came to town to visit and ended up being enlisted to help me make this. I'm fairly sure I wouldn't have finished it in time for the stomp if she hadn't offered to help. Thanks girlie!

49 comments:

  1. Jen! OMG! Are you kidding me with this? This is just AMAZING! I love what you created! I love that it's themed for the Haunted Mansion! It's just spectacular! I love all of the glitter! WOW! Really! WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your attention to detail is incredible. WOWser!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very stunning! amazing!

    trick or treat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, that is certainly a very cool decoration! I absolutely LOVE it (need my address?)

    Thanks to your sister for lending a hand too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Awesome work. I really love all the sparkles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow this is amazing!!! I love it and how fun that your sister helped!
    Thanks for sharing, for the image and the fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the detail on the banner - and i love bling!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, this is amazing!! what a great halloween decoration!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Jen...this is just awesome!!! Fabulous details on it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! All the details and embellishments!! I am very impressed

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMGhoolishness! This project is just spooktakular Jen! The details....just amazing! Really Boo-tiful!
    Happy Hopping,
    Rene'

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jen, this is gorgeous!! I love it and will now have to make another banner based on yours. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! What a super cool project Jen! I love how you shrunk all the digi cards! This banner is chocked full of embellies and lots of little delights. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! It is obvious you and your sister put A LOT of work into this. It really looks great! Too funny that my dd is watching the Haunted Mansion on tv right now ( its one of her fave halloween movies). Can't wait to go see the real thing this Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jen, that banner is awesome! I love the crepe paper and all the glitter. I think I might have to make a banner now. Thanks for all the great projects that you share with us and thanks to your sis too. =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I always love your crafts and paper projects. You are truly gifted Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome banner!

    tamara_bennett7@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. fantastic banner - so many little details!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. We, too, adore Disney's Haunted Mansion. Always room for one more.....

    What a gorgeous Halloween banner. I will copy your idea!

    Many thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  20. From the first day i saw one of your designs, I said "WOW,what an amazing talented young lady" and after all this time I still look at one of your designs and say "WOW she is just still so young and amazing.".

    ReplyDelete
  21. Jen -- as always, your work AMAZES me. I am loving the banner.

    Thanks for fee digi!

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow wow wow this is absolutety stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW Jen, You make this sound so easy

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow Jen the detail on here is stunning! I love your banner!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your banner! I agree, the detail is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow...you did an AMAZING job on that banner!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. gosh - so awesome!! love the medallions and the buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow - OMG - that is just amazing - I can see why you enlisted the help of your sister - I am so glad you did it is just fantastic. Thank you for the freebie.
    After visiting all the stomping grounds on this hop, and seeing all the amazing creations, I wish we celebrated Halloween in Australia.
    I am off to my last stomping ground.
    Hugs
    Fi

    ReplyDelete
  29. STUNNING!!!! Love the banner!!! The details are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your banner is absolutely beautiful! Your work is always amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  31. You put a LOT of work into that banner. It is beautiful. I am a LONG time follower of yours, and you always amaze me. THanks.

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a fantasitic border! It looks like it took lots of time and effort...but so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  33. WOW! This is jaw-dropping awesome! What a beautiful job! I absolutely LOVE it! Nice of your Sis to help you too! :)
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  34. cool banner Jen! I love that font you used too! Thank you for helping us out with our Blog Stomp!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Your banner rocks! All of the details are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Soooo cute! I love the little embelies flying off the banner. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Great banner, love all the details!!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. WOW did you put alot of work into this all those little extra touches are really kewl
    hugs Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love how it shines and shimmers! It looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  40. wow! that banner is just hauntingly beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland. Fabulous job on the banner, very spooktacular.

    ReplyDelete
  42. boootiful!!! I love the banner.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Your banner is to cute. It is boooootiful. Let me stomp on. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  44. This is a gorgeous banner project! My kids would LOVE this so I may have to attempt it (for next year?) Thanks for the inspiration!
    Stomping on ...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!