I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Paper Popsicles: How To - Glass Etching

You know I love it when a plan comes together. ... Well, another fun creation was born today when a friend asked if I would show her how to etch glass. She is having a Bunco group party on Saturday and was still in the process of collecting her prizes. I mentioned how cute it would be to create some personalized glass jars. She flipped for it.

We're actually not getting together until tomorrow, but after opening my big mouth I thought I'd better come home and make sure I know what I'm doing. I gathered my supplies.... what you don't see here is my Cricut and my laptop which I used to help with the cutting. Also, a foam brush for applying the etching cream.


For more information on what I did to this little jar, you'll need to head over to the Paper Popsicles How To section and check out the tutorial. :)

Details:
  • Cricut machine, Sure Cuts A Lot (but you could use one of your Cricut font carts and Design Studio)
  • Jar: Ikea
  • Font: Pharmacy
  • Contact Paper - I found mine at Walmart for around $5
  • Etching cream: I got mine years ago .... it's so old it's not brown instead of its original white but it still worked! [phew!]
**Edited to note: Unfortunately, we got chatting and before I knew it the clock read 9pm and I had to get home. So, sadly I have no pictures of the fun glass jars and platter that we created. :(

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous how to for Paper Popsicles Jen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is what I did! i love doing these! I have some on my blog too! I can't wait too see what they turn out like!

    Debi W
    abusyfamilyof6

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen
    I hope I'm doing this right :) I love your work and had found a cut file you had created and posted a picture of on the Cricut mb in July of 2008. It's for a rolodex card/business card that was 2 1/2 x 4 in size. I was wanting to know if I could get this sent to me to use if you still have it. Thanks!
    Wendy
    aka winniethescrapbooker
    winnie101winnie@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok, you totaly have to stop enabling me here, Jen. YOu are KILLING me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the tutorial! I am officially in love with glass etching!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!