I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Friday, August 28, 2009

Paper Popsicles: Spooky Treats

I was wasting time yesterday morning wandering the isles at Target and stumbled upon this little beauty....


I have been using a stainless steel little spatula that is too small to be any good to me in the kitchen. It has worked just fine, but when I saw the citrus green color I couldn't spend my money fast enough. (I thought it was less than a $1, but I just checked my receipt and it was less than $2.)


I couldn't wait to put my new crafty tool to the test. I created and cut out a welded paper ribbon design to go on my project (below). Not only did my new spatula help life my design off the mat but it also made quick work of the left over bits too! YAY!

No more having to scrap them up with my fingernails.

[Edit: Forgot to mention, if green is not your thing these little scrapers are available in other colors. I saw white, blue and orange on the hook.]

So then I made a scallopy layer to go with the Freebie Friday that I got from Paper Popsicles. I've been in a Halloween mood so I colored it in purple, green and black with a touch of orange and silver. I hand wrote the words.

If you haven't gotten your Freebie yet you better hurry. Just a few more hours until it won't be free any more...

And here was the first decorated jar I created. The picture doesn't really show off the layers very well. The skeleton ribbon was all welded together and then a few random white skeletons inked with a beige marker were glued ontop. Then the web was welded inside a ring and glued to the white. "Spooky Treats" is popped out with foam adhesive. It was cut in a purple paper and layered onto a green paper and Stickled to add some sparkle.

The spider is dangling from a coiled wire which is coming out from behind the web. A little sparkle was added to the web and also to the spider as well...


Here's the finished product:

I love fun Halloween treat gifts! :) (cute ones, not gorey icky ones) These cute little apothocary jars are less than $3 at Walmart! Can you believe it?! So cool! Well, hope you all have a wonderful weekend! No big plans here but I'm sure I'll think of something.

Oh, Diane and I have scheduled our classes for the next two weeks on the LMSY blog. If you're interested in any of them let us know.

Details:
  • Cricut machine and Design Studio with Cartridges: George, Indie Art, PaperDolls Dress Up, Stone Script, Storybook
  • CUT FILES: ** Donate button is at the top right. Please specify which file you want when you purchase.
  • Papers from PaperPopsicles.com: Cosmo Cricket Haunted Eerie, Cosmo Cricket Haunted Macabre
  • Black Cardstock: Embassy (found it at Walmart $4/50 page, 65#, acid & lignin free)
  • White Cardstock: Georgia Pacific (found at Walmart $5.50/250 pages, 110#, acid & lignin free)
  • Apothecary jar: found at Walmart $2.97 (12 oz jar), Comes in two other sizes also
  • Stickles: Black Diamond (on spider and web), Lime Green (on "Spooky Treats"), Orange (on cupcakes)
  • Other: foam adhesive (EK Success); ribbon (Michael's), markers (Bic Mark It); ATG & adhesive, wire (Western), Silver Sharpie (on cupcake tree)
** Refer to Cut File link to see how to get my files. 

3 comments:

  1. Love the cute spider "springing" from his web :0)

    PJ (Jessie Adams)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute file. Thanks for sharing.

    scrapperlisa@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!