I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Paper Popsicles Blog Hop!!


Paper Popsicles is having it's first ever blog hop, so you'll be asked to hop from blog to blog featuring yummy eye candy with a summer theme...and of course what's eye candy without a little blog candy...so just leave a comment before you hop along to the next blog and you just might pick up a prize!!! Each blog will feature a secret word...these words needs to be collected and then put together to form a phrase. This phrase will then need to be emailed to paperpopsicles@gmail.com by Sunday night, July 12 at midnight Central time to be eligible for our grand prize.

So......lets get started!!!

If you are joining me from Valerie's blog, great!! You are hopping right along. But, if you just stumbled upon my blog...you won't want to miss a thing, so hop on over to the Paper Popsicles blog to get you started.

When I started thinking about the blog hop theme,
I reflected back on ny youth and remembered that when I was my son's age, nothin' said summer fun than having my friends over for an outside play date of running through the sprinklers and fun fruity flavored drinks and jell-o. It's so easy to dress up some basic punch by throwing in some sliced fruit. And adding simple umbrellas/parasols to parfaits.



For my project I started by creating these fun cards using the card template from
PaperPopsicles. I created additional layers using my software and the digital design of the lemonade glass.



I used vellum cardstock to create the base of the card, then used various papers to create the different juice, straw and slice of fruit. I also used vellum to create the ice cubes.



Then to give the card a real "Glass of Lemonade" appearance I created a glass layer out of a piece of transparency/acetate. Then I ran it through my Cuttlebug using an embossing folder to give it more dimension. I think you might be able to see the lines in the picture below:



Here's another view from above.



I know you probably can't tell, but the fruit slice has a slit in it and is attached to the acetate layer only. Also, the straw layer is woven through the ice cubes so that some will be in front and others will be behind it. A few more accent details: First, I took a stylus and used it to etch the white lines in the vellum on the glass and on the ice cubes. And I used my markers to add more color to the fruit, shadow to the juice and ice cubes and stripes to the straws.



Then, I decided to make a box. How cute would it be to receive this Lemonade card on the front of a small package of drink mixes?



Then I thought, I wonder how my box would work as a holder for the note cards. Near perfect if you ask me. (*wink*) Here are two pics - One with the box closed, one with the box open showing the pocket holding the cards inside. (Yes, those are the straws poking out at the top right.)





So, whether you decide to send/give a small note by itself or give it as a gift set these fun shaped cards are the bomb!!



Did you know that the Paper Popsicles blog features a new card challenge every Wednesday?
Did you know that every month we have weekly theme challenges hosted on our message board?
Did you know that we have a monthly sketch challenge?
Did you know that we hold auditions each month for our next guest designer....details can be found on our message board!!!
Have you seen the kits in the store? Did you see there is one main kit, two mini-kits, and a card kit each month?
Have you been over to see the design team and guest designer's galleries to see their amazing work done with the fabulous products offered in the Paper Popsicles store?

Now...for my secret word...it is
FRIENDS

Before you hop on over there...be sure to leave me a comment here so you are entered into the drawing here on my blog....

Next...be sure to keep on hopping and collecting words for your secret phrase by checking out Stacey's blog next...

Don't forget to send an email with the secret phrase to paperpopsicles@gmail.com at the end of the blog hop....and good luck!

Oh, and if you're interested in more blog hop fun, you'll be interested in the Scavenger Hunt that's going on at the Message Board and Gallery.

Details:

Cards---
Box---
  • Cricut Machine and cartridge: George and Plantin Schoolbook
  • CUT FILE: ** Donate button is at the top right. Please specify which file you want when you purchase.
  • Also available in PDF or SVG format. Let me know if this is what you need.
  • Software: Design Studio (ProvoCraft)
  • Patterned Paper from Paper Popsicles: On the Vine (Cherry Arte)
  • Ribbon: Funky Stripe (Michael's)
** Refer to Cut File link to see how to get my files. 


Umbrellas---
  • Cricut Machine and cartridge: George
  • Software: Design Studio (ProvoCraft) - no cut file. See explanation below
  • Patterned Paper from Paper Popsicles: Vanilla Vintage-Sprig (Cherry Arte), On the Vine (Cherry Arte)
  • How To: I cut a 6" circle. Used my scissors to cut a slit to the center. Overlapped the two edges of the circle and adhered into place to make a slight cone shape. Cut a skewer down to size and put it inside the glass. Balanced the umbrella shape on top.

57 comments:

  1. Oh. my. goodness! These are amazing! Just amazing! The detail you put into them is unbelievable! I love it! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cards are fabulous! Love that first picture of them with the Koolaid and Jello! Love the card holder box that also works for the drink sticks! Cute projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Words can't even express how COOL those creative cards are. You totally rocked the innovativeness!!! Thank you for sharing the ideas and pointers with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are gorgeous,
    I really like these,
    Hugs
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm FIRST again! You don't know me, Jen, but I ahve to tell you that this is the most delightful of all of gift items for summer. It would be great just as a card but taking it to the net level is awesome.

    ANYone would love to receive one of these beautiful cards! You would have a standing crowd if you sent the car with drink mix in it. Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an absolutely darling project - you outdid yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely love the cards!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh these are such cute cards and projects!!! what a fun way to enjoy the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome projects Jen!!!! Love how you add all the little extra details!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those cards are incredible ! Those would make fantastic summer party invites....TFS !

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG...this is so adoable!!! I'm TOTALLY "lifting" this idea!!
    These would be perfect invites to a party!!
    Love it...you always have such fabulous creations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute and very creative! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such adorable and awesome ideas!!!! Sooo summery!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such fantastic ideas and projects!!! Thanks for sharing on your fantastic blog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. As always, a absolutely adorable creation! I love the box with the drink mixes in it! Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! These cards are soooo cool! They speak SUMMER! Love love love them! I've got to give these a try! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW, these are amazing!! You do FABULOUS work!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great idea and soooo creative!
    Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your cards. You really went all out. Have a wonderful summer.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely love your project. It shouts SUMMER!!! I need to check out these templates.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your creativity is so inspiring. Amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Absolutely amazing!!! Those lemonade cards are just fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  23. You girls are BLOWING ME AWAY!!!!!!! and I'm having SUCH a great time! Jen... I don't even have words for your AMAZING project!!!!!!

    sandipeiffer@circlepi.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. You have outdone yourself on this one... how adorable is this.. (but I see it was done with SCAL - :-(

    ReplyDelete
  25. I would be SO happy if somebody would make me a gift like this! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your cards are so gorgeous!! Am definitely coming back for more of your ideas!!
    TFS!
    Monique

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow Jen, just love these, they are so cool, and would make a neat invite card for a summer party.

    Thanks for sharing

    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh WOW!!! Those are just FANTABULOUS!!!!!!! wowee wow wow wow! Awesome.

    Hugs, Christine

    Christinenicole@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  29. Super cute project! I love blog hopping and prizes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. WOWZERS! That is a fabulous project! The details are amazing...you are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I am so scrapp lifting this! Way cute!

    ReplyDelete
  32. One of the cutest, most creative projects I've seen in a while! Absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Jen, those cards are so much fun and look good enough to drink!!! Best wishes, Kym xxx

    ReplyDelete
  34. Gorgeous little card, would make great party invitations Jen.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Very adorable summer cards and box set. Love it.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  36. These drink glasses look so fun! I want one! thanks for sharing how to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  37. This blog hop is so cool, I have a lot of idea now, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wow! Your work is amazing! TFS and for the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love love love your cards! And then to put them together as a set with the packets of lemonade or tea! So cool! So much attention to detail!

    ReplyDelete
  40. These cards are incredible! I love the holder you made as well ~ fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  41. These cards are incredible - thank you so much for sharing. These are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Amazing projects. I love the card with the drink mixes in it! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Great project for the summer. Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Thanks for all the fun, summer-y ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  45. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  46. These are such a great summery idea love em :)

    ReplyDelete
  47. Absolutely beyond adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Those cards are the cutest thing that I have ever seen. You thought of everthing to make them incredibly dimensional.

    ReplyDelete
  49. I love those cards. They are so stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete
  50. JEN,
    THESE ARE THE CUTEST DESIGNS EVER. REALLY LOVE THEM. GREAT, GREAT WORK.

    ReplyDelete
  51. These are gorgeous! Are there cut files for them???? Your blog is FABO jsut stumbled upon it

    ReplyDelete
  52. You are so right, these are truely the bomb!!! Oustanding. Your work just keeps getting better and better. Thanks for sharing.... I think I need to go get some lemonade!!!!
    Jill
    jztmail-cricut@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!