I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy Independence Day!!

Today is July 4th - the day we celebrate our Independence. The day we celebrate our freedom. Freedom to worship. Freedom to create. Freedom to live. Freedom is a beautiful thing!

Whether you celebrate today around friends and family, enjoying a picnic or a parade, I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Last night I put together another shape card using a digital design from Paper Popsicles.


If you get the chance to make one I'm fairly certain you will be hooked! They are so fun!
To get the color change on the Cone I put Versamark ink on my embossing folder before putting my kraft paper inside and running it through my Cuttlebug. It's fab! It put the ink in each of the little debosses squares so I didn't have to do it by hand. LOVE that technique! I did the same technique on the green and lavender papers but the color difference doesn't show as well as on the Kraft paper.

And combining basic cardstocks with my Cuttlebug Embossing Folders... such a wow factor!!

Details:
  • Cricut machine
  • Software: Photoshop6, Inkscape, SureCutsALot (SCAL)
  • Digital Design: Ice Cream Cone (PaperPopsicles)
  • Papers: Kraft cardstock (PaperTreyInk); white, lavender and light aqua (ValuePack)
  • Striped paper: DCWV mat stack
  • Ink: Versamark ink pad and marker
  • Cuttlebug Embossing Folders: D'vine Swirl, Tiny Mosaic, Spot & Dots
  • Ribbon: Target $1 isle
  • Glaze: Crystal Effects
Please note: no cut file available. You will find a How To on how I make my shape cards using digital designs at the Paper Popsicles message board.

3 comments:

  1. That is so so cute.. but I see you used the "other" program. LOL... I hope you have a WONDERFUL day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. JEN!!!! That is AWESOME!!!!! Apparently we Sandy/i's like them alot. LOL I LOVE how you left a bit of white around the colors too! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Jen!
    Your ice cream cone sure looks delish. Like the colors and the embossing. Have to click on over to the PaperPopsicles site now.
    Hope all is well.

    PJ (Jessie Adams)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!