I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Friday, July 10, 2009

A 15-minute challenge

I have been out all day with my son. We went across town (an hour away) so my son could play with one of his friends from school. He had such a great time he didn't want to come home. We've made plans to hopefully get together next week too on our side of the valley.

Anyway..... I was going through my email and found a "1 hour challenge" at SNR and thought sure, why not! I'll play along. Even though the challenge started 45 minutes ago. To quote Mr Incredible, "Yeah, I've got time."

Sadly I missed the deadline by 8 minutes but I am still pretty happy with the results. My whole cricut machine and paraphernalia was all put away (preparing for house guests) so I just had to use what ever was out on my craft table.



I've been wanting to do something with this cute watermelon ribbon since i snatched it from the $1 bin. (Today is the day!) The watermelon was traced using a bolt of ribbon then cut in half. Red layer (yes, I know it looks pink but it's really red) was created the same way but then trimmed down to fit inside the green. Black Sharpie was used to create the seeds and a white gel pen to highlight them and to doodle a line around the red layer of the watermelon.

I used a silver Sharpie to write "summer time" over and over around the border of the green mat. A black pen to write "thinking of you" on the tag.

It's not the best card I've ever made but sometimes I just have to prove to myself that I can create something fun in a short period of time.

Details:
  • Cardstock: Green (DCWV texture stack), Green (DCWV Glitter stack), Red(DCWV texture stack), Orange (DCWV texture stack), White (George Pacific)
  • Ribbon: Michael's
  • Markers: Black (Sharpie), Silver (Sharpie)
  • Pen: White gel pen, black ball point
  • Cuttlebug and embossing folder (Swiss dot)

4 comments:

  1. I think it looks great. I would never think to use a white gel pen to highlight the seeds. Your creativity never ceases to amaze me! Way to go.
    -Donna-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how cute is that... you are just so amazing... I love to see your awesome creations.. I always leave your blog with a smile...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohhoooo! Double the challenge because you were even more limited by the materials at hand; i think it came out GREAT and that watermelon looks yummy and complimented nicely by that fab ribbon (great find!)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are awesome creations. What an imagination,so life like. I will definitely be back for online classes.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!