BIG THANKS to my friend Lois who had posted the super cute Teacher's Appreciation/Survival kits on the Cricut message board that she made for her grandson's teachers! It was such a great idea she even was featured in the Chirp for it!
Off I went to the store to gather supplies....Three stores actually. (Walmart, Walgreen's, Michael's. My Walmart doesn't sell the small/single serving sizes of the candies, but i was able to find them at Walgreen's.) It took me a while to decide what papers and layout for the first can.
This is the first can for my son's Language/Vocabulary, etc teacher:
This is the second can, which came together really quickly since I did all my measurement/design work on the first one. It is for his Discovery Room (Art, Music, putting it all together, etc) teacher :
And this is what is inside the gallon size can:
Here's a list and what the tags say (Thanks Lois!):
- Swedish fish: "For when you have o-FISH-ally had enough!"
- mint Gum: "You're a mint!"
- Pencils: "You're one sharp teacher!"
- Lifesavers: "Sometimes you are one... sometimes you need one."
- Hershey bar with Almonds: "Open in case of Emergency or when they're driving you nuts!"
- Kleenex: "For wiping away tears... Theirs and yours."
- Hand sanitizer: "You're always giving us a hand."
- Starburst: "To give you a burst of energy"
- Notepad: "A note to let you know you're appreciated"
- Smarties: "Thanks for making me a smartie!"
I'll have to send an email and find out later.
Hope you all are having a great day!
- Some shapes were hand cut, others were cut by my Cricut machine using Design Studio (Alphalicious, George, Mickey Font, Pooh Font, Storybook)
- Pattern Papers: All double sided - Floral/blue polka-dot, black polka-dot/floral, blue dots/yellow, stripe/beige (Fancy Pants: Daily Grind);
- Cardstock: green glitter and orange glitter (DCWV); white (Georgia Pacific); black (ValuePack)
- Flowers: Prima
- Ribbon: Target $1 isle
- Buttons: Bag o' Buttons (Hobby Lobby)
- Ink: Olive Pastel (Colorbox); Berry Sorbet (PaperTreyInk)
- Clear gallon paint can: Michael's
- Acrylic (for Notepad cover): Hobby Lobby
- Other tools: Bind-it-all, gel pens, colorful large paperclips, skittles (platic gems not the candy), embroidery floss