I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Sunday, June 21, 2009

For Dad...

Hi Everybody!
What a weekend! My son had his end of the year school party yesterday at a fellow student's home. Our son had the time of his life! They had one of those blow up bounce houses and also a similar type one that was a water slide. Hubby literally had to drag him away kicking and screaming after 4 hours. It was really a great party for all of the kids. Thanks Patrick and Monica for hosting it!! :)

Then last night hubby noticed that the air conditioning wasn't working properly. It was comfortable over night but this morning by 10:30am we noticed our house was already 85 degrees. We had hoped we wouldn't have to call and have a service man to come out and check the system till tomorrow but it's now 2pm and it's 87 degrees inside the house. It's supposed to be 103 degrees outside today so relatively speaking it could be worse but it's still going to be warm until it's fixed. The guy is here to fix it now and it's going to cost us about $500 to fix it. All things considered, I guess it could be worse.

This morning while waiting for the A/C guy to show up, I finally got my challenge card done. With all the cards I've made recently, I hadn't yet made hubby a Father's Day card from our son so that was the inspiration.

I love this sketch Amy! It makes a great card! And special thanks to Susan Blue Robot for her tutorial on making a pop-out card.

Don't forget, You can join in the challenge too. You have until Tuesday to link your challenge card to "Mr Linky" at the end of the blog post. This week's prize is a $10 gift card to Paper Popsicles.

Details:

  • Cricut machine
  • Inkscape and Sure Cuts A Lot
  • CUT FILE:** Donate button is at the top right. Please specify which file you want when you purchase.
  • Cardstock: Hunter Green (Value Pack), Grey and Black (scrap)
  • Patterned paper: Stampin Up!
  • Sharpie Marker
** Refer to Cut File link to see how to get my files. 

6 comments:

  1. You did a great job with the pop up card! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out GREAT! I see, you used SCAL for this too...lol, at first I was thinking, "Is that a new font from Cricut that I missed?"
    BTW, thank you so much for the heads up on your classes...haven't been able to do a match with my schedule at work...yet...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been missing out - this is just the cutest card. I have seen the pop up cards but have never tried one. I know it is after father's day, but would love to have this cut file and will try my hand at it and be ready for next year. Thanks sooooo much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jen,

    Great pop-up card - I'd love the file. It would be a great project for one of your classes (which I think are great). Thanks for sharing. barbinlakeland@msn.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!