I wanted to use the card sketch#2 from PaperPopsicles:
The problem arose when the golf club wouldn't cut correctly at a smaller size. So, Mr. Golfer ended up being twice as big as I originally wanted. No matter, right? That's what crafting is all about! I took Amy's cute card sketch and made it my own! (Creative license, n'est pas?) I rotated the card 90 degrees, then I had to move the ribbon to the side instead of running it up the middle... I let the negative space between the dots on the ribbon form the three elements and the knot becomes the swish over the circle tag. Uh, yeah... I planned it that way. LOL
I attempted to take a picture showing the dimples in the golfball (Thank you Swiss Dot Embossing folder!) but my camera kept focusing on my carpet instead of on the tag. Sorry. You'll just have to use your imagination on this one.
Here's a straight-on shot of the card. It actually shows the colors a bit better. Sometimes that AZ desert sunshine can really bleach the color out of things.
Anyway, hope you like it.
I Love you dad! Hope you have a wonderful Father's Day!
- Cricut machine
- Inkscape and SCAL
- CUT FILE: ** Donate button is at the top right. Please specify which file you want when you purchase.
- Patterned Paper: Paper: S.E.I. - Winnie's Walls (Paper Popsicles)
- Vellum: Vellum Cardstock (PaperTreyInk)
- Cardstock: olive green from my stash, White (Georgia Pacific)
- Ribbon: A Touch of Ribbon (Walmart)
- Markers: Crayola
- The words Happy and Day were stamped using Sweet Love (PaperTreyInk)
- Ink pads: Gold (Encore), Olive Pastel (ColorBox)
- "Father's" was handwritten using a Blue gel pen