I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Father's Day

My father loves to golf. I wanted to keep that in mind when I created his Father's Day card. The process actually started several days ago. I found the golfer clip art and converted it in Inkscape.
I wanted to use the card sketch#2 from PaperPopsicles:

The problem arose when the golf club wouldn't cut correctly at a smaller size. So, Mr. Golfer ended up being twice as big as I originally wanted. No matter, right? That's what crafting is all about! I took Amy's cute card sketch and made it my own! (Creative license, n'est pas?) I rotated the card 90 degrees, then I had to move the ribbon to the side instead of running it up the middle... I let the negative space between the dots on the ribbon form the three elements and the knot becomes the swish over the circle tag. Uh, yeah... I planned it that way. LOL


Free Smiley Courtesy of www.millan.netI attempted to take a picture showing the dimples in the golfball (Thank you Swiss Dot Embossing folder!) but my camera kept focusing on my carpet instead of on the tag. Sorry. You'll just have to use your imagination on this one.


Here's a straight-on shot of the card. It actually shows the colors a bit better. Sometimes that AZ desert sunshine can really bleach the color out of things.



Anyway, hope you like it.
I Love you dad! Hope you have a wonderful Father's Day! Free Smiley Courtesy of www.millan.net
Details:

  • Cricut machine 
  • Inkscape and SCAL
  • CUT FILE: ** Donate button is at the top right. Please specify which file you want when you purchase.
  • Patterned Paper: Paper: S.E.I. - Winnie's Walls (Paper Popsicles)
  • Vellum: Vellum Cardstock (PaperTreyInk)
  • Cardstock: olive green from my stash, White (Georgia Pacific)
  • Ribbon: A Touch of Ribbon (Walmart)
  • Markers: Crayola
  • The words Happy and Day were stamped using Sweet Love (PaperTreyInk)
  • Ink pads: Gold (Encore), Olive Pastel (ColorBox)
  • "Father's" was handwritten using a Blue gel pen
** Refer to Cut File link to see how to get my files. 

7 comments:

  1. Jen,
    Beautiful card. Your dad will love it.


    bobbi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen... I think it came out great! Looks just like the other file you sent me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ms. Jen C.....first of all THANK YOU FOR THE BEAUTIFUL B-DAY CARD!!! You are sooooo SWEET!!!!!!

    OK - LOVE this golf card - it's FABULOUS girlie!!!

    BIG HUGS!!!
    T

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love it, even if it is done from the "dark" side. LOL.. You are so amazing... it's an awesome card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice, Jen.
    Hope your dad thinks it's a "hole in one" card.

    All the best
    PJ (Jessie Adams)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the card. If you are sharing the file, my SIL has a birthday in July and is an avid golfer.

    RtrGry@netscape.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow,Jen this is fabulous! Are each of the colors in his shirt and hat separate pieces? Hopefully one day I too will learn to do something this detailed!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!