I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Coloring Ribbon to Match

A friend of mine is having a birthday in a couple days. I have wanted to make a card for several days now but just found the time to do it yesterday. I started by going through my stash of paper looking for an inspiration. I decided on this cute doodley-style paper from KaiserCrafts called Bloom Posy. It's double sided so you get both great patterns in one sheet!



Here's how the card turned out:


This is the inside:

I decided that the white stitch in the ribbon wasn't workin' for me. So I colored it. Here's a close-up showing the altered ribbon to match my cardstock. You can get more information on that here.

Have a great day!
Details:
  • No Cricut - all hand cut
  • Patterned paper: Bloom Posy (KaiserCraft)
  • Cardstock: Berry Sorbet and Dark Chocolate (PaperTreyInk), Frosted Pink (Cardstock Headquarters), White (Georgia Pacific)
  • Ink: Berry Sorbet (PaperTreyInk), Olive Pastel and Chestnut Roan (ColorBox)
  • Stamp: Annotations (CloseToMyHeart) ... Thank you Kathy!! ... Daisy (Michael's)
  • Ribbon: Stitched Grossgrain in Truley Thyme (StampinUp!)
  • Stickles: Cotton Candy and Fruit Punch (Ranger)
  • Button: HobbyLobby
  • Thread: JoAnns

5 comments:

  1. Great job, Jen!!! Your card looks great! I'm sure it'll be appreciated.

    Audrey Frelix

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Jen, scissor and grafting -back to basis, I do this often! great card your friend will love it.
    Hugz Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love it Jen.. but then I don't think you could do something I wouldn't like... (did you get my e-mail about the .cut file for the A2 foldout box???) I would love to have it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card..love the papers you used.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jen, NICE pattern paper, layout gives the card a nice put together look; and great idea to color your own ribbon to match! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!