I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Spring break is over

Hi all!
Life has been so busy for me lately. Free Smiley Courtesy of www.millan.net I've been feeling a little like this lately, but I'm starting to catch up. I am still juggling a few projects and I hope to have a completed one posted soon. Today I am at the library while my son is at school so I am not home to work on the one I had hoped to finish yesterday but wasn't able to. (Fingers crossed I'll be able to complete it tomorrow.)
Free Smiley Courtesy of www.millan.netSo instead of letting my blog continue to go without an update again, I thought I'd give you all a quick Spring Break Trip Review. Aren't you so lucky!?

While hubby worked (thanks honey! Love you!) our son and I jumped in the car and took a drive out to San Diego to visit family. My sister's kids also had Spring Break so they were able to come play with us.

On Monday, we decided to go to the zoo. Along with a buh-jillion other people I might add. LOL The kids had a great time, but it was hotter than we expected so after just a few hours the kids were burned out and all wanted to be carried around the zoo. {Uh, no!} For those of you not familiar with the San Diego Zoo it is very hilly. So walking the zoo can be quite a work out. If you ever go, make sure you wear good walking shoes. And if you have a stroller for your little one, take it!

I tried to get a picture of my son out front by the giant elephant topiary (I guess that's what it's called) out in front of the Zoo entrance, ...

... but he was NOT interested. Hahahahaha! Free Smiley Courtesy of www.millan.net



My 4 month old nephew Jaxson had the royal treatment .... He road in either his stroller or carrier so he had a front seat for everything. And he likes having his picture taken... of course, it might be that he likes the shiney silver thing stuck in his face and wants to see what it is upclose and personal. LOL


Free Smiley Courtesy of www.millan.net Have I told you my sister is Super Woman?? She has 5 children and does it all! I am wiped out after just spending a few hours in her presence. I don't know how she does it. You rock girl!

Free Smiley Courtesy of www.millan.netTuesday was another beautiful day. We went to Balboa Park to walk around and partake of the "Free First Tuesday" entry to the Rueben H. Fleet Science Museum. While waiting in line I got a quick pic of he crew by the fountain. It's so worth the time. The whole museum is all hands-on and is set up for kids of all ages. We all had a great time. When it came time to leave, none of them wanted to go especially my sister's 4 year old son. He kicked up a huge fit because he was so sad to be leaving. I think he cried for a solid half hour before finally falling asleep. {Phew!}


I took these pics from the balcony of the apartment where I stayed while in San Deigo. It was so lovely. I loved to listen to the ocean waves wash up on the sand. It was so peaceful and relaxing.
(looking north)

(looking south)
Monday as I drove my son over to the carpool spot I checked my rearview mirror and caught this view. I HAD to snap a quick shot with my camera. (sorry for the blur). Isnt' he just the coolest kid on the block? LOL


Free Smiley Courtesy of www.millan.net Ok... hang in there. Don't give up on me just yet. I'll be back with more cut files and projects to share soon. Promise.
Have a great day!

10 comments:

  1. We missed you and WELCOME BACK JEN!

    Looking forward to more of youre projects!

    Melinda is doing great and going back for another update tomorrow!

    Talk to you real soon!
    mrsweid@sbcglobal.net
    abufamilyof6
    Debi

    ReplyDelete
  2. We missed you and WELCOME BACK JEN!

    Looking forward to more of youre projects!

    Melinda is doing great and going back for another update tomorrow!

    Talk to you real soon!
    mrsweid@sbcglobal.net
    abufamilyof6
    Debi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Jen,
    Happy to see you got home safely. And it's nice you had a neat time with your sis and kids. Your son surely must have loved it.
    Anxious to see your new work.

    Having a super time with my grandbaby. He truly is a handful. But we are truly enjoying him.

    hugs,
    bobbi

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow jen looks like a great Spring break to me. Thanks for sharing this with us, Love the pictures.
    You son realy is a cool kid.

    Hug linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jen,

    Looks like you had a lovely time !! Good to have you back :)). Wanted to let you know I've put a card on my blog on which I used the cow cut file I received from you. Maybe you'd like to see ???

    Hugs Monique

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you are both home safe and sound. You certainly enjoyed your visit! Love the photo of all the kids.

    Gorgeous ocean views...how did you ever bring yourself to leave?

    PJ (Jessie Adams)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jen, looks like you had a great time, glad you had a safe journey back home. Love the pictures, especially the elephant whoever did that, wow...the craftmansship!

    Hugs Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your little vacation looks like it was fun! Thanks for sharing...gotta spend time & enjoy your kids while they are still young...they just grow up way too quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so glad you were able to get away and spend time with your sister... sounds like you had a WONDERFUL time. (my sister passes away in July, I miss her so much - so every chance you to get to spend time with each other TAKE IT.
    And yes that little person in the back is one of the cutest kids on the block...
    You were terribly missed.
    I posted my monkey card and you woudln't believe how many posts I have gotten from it - they are all going to be knowing on your pm to get the .cut file - so get ready.
    May I have the adorable .cut file, Please???

    ReplyDelete
  10. That picture of your son with the sunglasses is precious!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!