I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Friday, April 24, 2009

A Quick Note...

First a thank you to all of you who have been patiently waiting for the next post on my blog. I have been so busy with other things lately I haven't had a chance to finish anything. Until tonight.
In the middle of working on a completely different project this idea popped into my head. Free Smiley Courtesy of www.millan.net I love the cute sticky note holders made of coasters but wanted something kinda sleek and cool. I happened to have some plexy taking up space in my closet full of crafty bits....

{Bop! Insert V-8 moment here!}


I used my Bind-It-All to create a plexy note holder.Free Smiley Courtesy of www.millan.net Yes, it's true. I did a happy dance when I was I finished it.



I used my handy dandy box cutter and a metal ruler to cut the plexy down to 3 1/2" x 3 1/2". Then inserted the pieces into my BIA to punch the holes and to bind them together with the BIA wires. Scraps of some of my favorite papers were used to decorate the cover. I just adhered them with my ATG adhesive. Also adhered the ribbon using the ATG so that it wouldn't slip off and tied it in a knot at the front. The swirls and dots were hand-drawn on using Crystal Effects. And the skittles were also adhered using the Crystal Effects. Super fast. Super easy. Super COOL! Free Smiley Courtesy of www.millan.net



I didn't mention it before, but there is some Cricut DS on this project. The scrap of striped paper had been previously cut with the wavy rickrack cut from Plantin Schoolbook for another project. I trimmed it off and used the negative on this project. I love it when a plan comes together!

Thanks again for hanging in there with me. I hope it won't be another week before I post again. I have been super busy putting together the first online class. Thank you all for your feedback. I think we'll be going straight into projects unless I hear there is a need for the basics.
Enjoy your weekend!

9 comments:

  1. Very cool, indeed! Love the look of the crystal effects on the plexiglass. How thick is the plastic?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I haven't been here in awhile... just thought I would swing by to see what you have been up too...LOL

    Nice work!p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it...as usual!!! Gotta go see if my husband has some plexy laying around! :) Thanks for all you do!

    Christi

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely. I also was wondering how thick the plastic was.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cool idea! I am sure that Don has some out in the garage somewhere - there is so much out there - you can only get one vehicle in there. But no way is a full size Ram crew cab going to fit in half the garage anyway.

    Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  6. CUTE IDEA AND GREAT RESULTS. LOVE THE LOOK.
    I HAVE SOME ACRYLIC PAGES THAT I HAVE NOT ATTEMPTED TO USE YET, SO MAYBE I SHOULD ATTEMPT SOMETHING LIKE THIS. REALLY CUTE.


    BOBBI

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What a super cute project, I have some plexi laying around I hope you don't mind but I will probably scraplift this idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty!
    Love your "light bulb" moments.

    PJ (Jessie Adams)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!