I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Candyland Party

A few months ago I was approached and asked if I could help put together some items for a baby girl's first birthday. The theme they chose was Candyland.

Using a picture of the game box, I came up with an original concept using the peppermint/starburst mint style candy as the accent piece which would tie all of the pieces together. I used it as an element on the invite, as the shape of the placemat and as an accent on the Thank you notes.





But then we decided to swap out a gumdrop shape on the invite instead. (I gave her two styles to choose from).



They also wanted to have a bouquet for the table. The cupcake came straight off the cartridge but the others were all pieced together using shapes.



They told me that they loved the results but I'm still waiting to see pictures of how it all turned out. I hope they email me some pictures. I'd love to see it all together in paper format.

Details:
  • Cricut, DS and cartridges: Alphalicious, Doodlecharms, Plantin Schoolbook, George
  • CUT FILE: ** Donate button is at the top right. Please specify which fileyou want when you purchase.
  • Fonts used on invites: CK Candy Cane, Pharmacy
 ** Refer to Cut File link to see how to get my files.

12 comments:

  1. Wow... that looks like it was alot of work.. I would love to see the pictures too.. you are so awesome my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are absolutely darling! I would love to have the files on them.

    Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are such great ideas. I'd also would like to see the pictures. You just never cease to amaze me with your talent and creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I like your starburst better, but the customer is always right LOL. You have put a lot of work into these and it shows. Would love to see how it turned out, well done! Love it.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, Jen great designs on this theme party cuts - that frosting ice cream is my favorite!!! Both of those invites are PERFECT, but i don't know which is my favorite the mint style candy or the gumdrop - knowing me i would have done both :) LOL - Hope it was a blast because these sure set the mood!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVED YOUR IDEAS. SO VERY CUTE.
    I'M SURE EVERYONE LOVED THEM.


    BOBBI

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow fabby work Jen, no wonder they were pleased.
    Remember to show us the pics if they send you some
    hugs
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jen, these are great fun! would love a copy of the file. thank you bev davidholt21@btinternet.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. these are just adorable the card is just great. your so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  10. how stinkin clever is that? You did great Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love a copy of you cut files. These are very cute. Thanks.

    Hugs,
    Maria
    emaciaz@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  12. HI,
    My granddaughter just turned one and your first birthday files would be perfect. Thanks for sharing.

    Kim
    talented1955@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!