I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

As promised...

Free Smiley Courtesy of www.millan.net Those of you that have been in contact with me over the past year thru the Cricut message board and my blog know that I have offered up tutorials on the blog and also videos for those of you that like to see things in action instead of in still photos. Well, it's time to share some more info on the online Design Studio Classes I've been mentioning.

I have joined forces with the ever-fabulous Diane of Capadia Designs and we have been cooking-up Free Smiley Courtesy of www.millan.net an online LIVE classroom style experience that I think you ALL will want to participate in.

We both have been working with DS since its introduction so we're pretty experienced with the ins-n-outs of using the software. Our goal in creating these online classes is to help you become a Design Studio Whiz Free Smiley Courtesy of www.millan.net (or Goddess Free Smiley Courtesy of www.millan.net if that's what you prefer) {*wink*} And, since we are located on opposite coasts of the USA so we hope to be able to cover class times for the various time zones more conveniently.

Diane and I, and a handful of volunteer students, have done some trial sessions and we are very happy with the classroom environment we've set up. Fees for lessons and classes will vary based on the type of class (group or one-on-one), the length and the topic. We've worked out scenarios where classes will be taught by just one of us, while others will be Trouble Shooting Clinics where we might both be in attendance to help you figure out DS issues.
We hope to be done with our testing very soon so that we can get to the fun part!Free Smiley Courtesy of www.millan.net

**~*~*~*~*~~**~~*~*~*~~~**~*~*~
Q: Carole asked about classes being available in the UK....
A:(Sorry Carole, your profile is private so I couldn't email you directly.) We realize that many of our blog followers that have questions are around the world, and thus, in different times zones. Our hope is that we will be able to offer up classes at times that work with your schedules too. I appreciate that not everyone in the UK will be available for a class that begins at 1am your time. I know that might deter me from signing up. We will do our best to work out a compromise so that we can schedule a class on a day and time that works for you too. Be sure to let me know what kind of classes you're interested in and days/times that work best so that we can make it happen!

12 comments:

  1. That's sounds cool. Can't wait get more details on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, Jen, you and Diane sounds like a power duo :) that is so great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will you stretch as far as the UK?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you and Diane will have the U.S.A. well-covered.
    You are both good DSS designers and I know all who are able to take the lessons will truly benefit.
    Looking forward to seeing some of your students' projects.

    PJ (Jessie Adams)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am SOOO excited! I know it's going to be good! Although, I must say I'm a bit envious of the "volunteer students" ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the classes are a great idea. You have so much to share. The cost would depend on how long the class lasted and I think the files should be included. Price would depend on how much you have to pay and how many you have signed up, but you can count me in if its not to technical.

    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am soooo excited too. You and Diane will make a great team.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful hurray for you. Jen, have you ever had a problem with creating files to look like company files example PTI templates? They forced me to remove my .cut files and said I could not share them. I did not download their files or use them to make my cut file yet they said I broke copyright rules. Any suggestions??
    paschal.sara@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Count me in!! I was seriously thinking of going somewhere during the summer where I could find a class. THERE IS NOTHING NEAR ME!!!
    risa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Keep me informed Jen! I would love to attend a class or two depending on the price & times available. I am on your follow list, but I never get emails. So please take down my email & let me know the details.
    tammylklein@cox.net
    P.S. I still haven't finished Happy New Year page top. Sorry ;( I s@$k!! I know.

    TammyKlein

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, this sounds like it is gonna be exciting! Can't wait to see what you and Diane come up with...two of my greatest Cricut DS mentors together teaching...can't get better than that!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!