I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Monday, March 16, 2009

Inspired by jewelry

BBTB (Bitten By The Bug) is having a contest. They asked that participants submit a project that is inspired by this piece of jewelry.



Well, a friend has recently given me Indie Art and I thought the butterfly on that cart was the perfect place to start.
After cutting it out I pushed it face down onto my glue stamp pad and then sprinkled it with clear glitter (Oooooo sparkly!)



Then, because the inspiration piece was a piece of jewelry I strung a few beads and a heart charm from my stash onto some headpins and wire and made a tassel handle.



Next, I incorporated the word "believe" into the design by handwriting the word using a silver marker. I used my glue that has a fine tip applicator on it and went over the lettering and then sprinkled on more glitter. I love how the word is one long ribbon of glitter which becomes the butterfly's trail. :)



I added some clear gems on the bottom for feet.



And a silver ribbon as the handle and a magnetic closure.



The idea for the bag came from Kirsten Kennedy. She shared the pattern at a Stampin Up Group Meeting back in February with Patty Bennett (See it there in the 2nd set of pics in green?). And Patty was kind enough to share it with me. (Thank you ladies!!) The pattern was originally 4 pieces but I streamlined it when I put it into DS and now it's 2 pieces. :)

Lots of fun. Hardest part was waiting for the glue to dry for the glitter. LOL

Oh, and I found a wonderful recipe today for homemade french baguette using a bread machine. Mmmmm...my home smells like a bakery! Love that fresh bread smell!

Hope you all had a wonderful day. Time to get my little boy into the bathtub and into bed.... Toodles!

Details: (Box/Purse)
  • Cricut, DS and cartridges: George (box) and Indie Art (butterfly)
  • CUT FILE: ** Donate button is at the top right. Please specify which file you want when you purchase.
  • Requires Expression
  • Paper: Luxury Stack, Wedding Mat Stack (DCWV)
  • Glitter: Ice (Martha Stewart)
  • Glue Stamp pad and Glitter Glue: (Martha Stewart)
  • Stamp: Damask Designs (PaperTreyInk)
  • Beads: Pink, large frosted clear (Blue Moon)
  • Wire: Western
  • Ribbon: Michael's
  • The recipe for the French Baguettes is found at All Recipes.com
** Refer to Cut File link to see how to get my files. 

29 comments:

  1. wow jen, what a great take on the necklass piece

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Jen you did an awesome job with the jewelry being your inspiration. That bread looks yummy too! Are you sharing the recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen this purse is a cutie; perfectly inspired by that necklace... love the bling :) and the added beads are a perfect touch... good luck with the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the butterfly and you did a great job with the inspiration from the jewelry. And also....the bread looks yummy! One of my favorite things..

    ReplyDelete
  5. the purse is to cute
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  6. The purse totally goes with the inspiration piece. I think you hit it right on the dot. Love how the 'believe' ends up trailing the butterfly. Great project, you have my vote to win.

    Thanks for sharing and keep on inspiring.

    dormaiyi
    doramiyi@gmail.com
    -CANADA-

    ReplyDelete
  7. MMM...French baguettes and butter, luscious.
    Uh, oh, yes - like your take on the necklace, too.

    :0)
    PJ (Jessie Adams)

    ReplyDelete
  8. BREAD!!! Did you say fresh BREAD???
    They look wonderful. I LOVE the smell of yeast bread baking.
    I would love the recipe if you have time to send it.

    Oh, yes. The bag looks wonderful, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hello jen

    you make a very beautyful bag,
    good luck for the contest.

    greetings from germany
    iris

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Jen

    This purse is just gorgeous!!! I love the paper colors you used, they are so soft and elegant. What a great idea about the necklace. I have so many bracelets and necklaces that have broken, but I never thought about incorporating them into my projects

    Will you be sharing the cut.file on this? If so I would love to have it. My addy is fertluv3@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. you are so creative... wow. I love love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful designs of those jewelry pieces... Love this sweet necklace!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. HiJen

    I love your butterfly and the way you made your word the tail. I vote for you to win for sure!!! If you are providing the purse file I would be interested. I also would love the baguette recipe. I have a bread maker and those look so good right now!!Yummy !!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jen,
    Another beautiful project. You did a lovely job! TFS!
    jztjzt

    ReplyDelete
  15. I had never visited your blog before. It is fabulous. I love your creations, I have bookmarked your blog so I can visit often.
    I was looking for a cut file for a purse and Nicole B referred me to you. Thanks Nicole
    I want to make a purse for my granddaughter that turns 14 please email me the cut file for this or any other purse you have.
    dmcervantez@gmail.com
    Thanks you in advance

    ReplyDelete
  16. LUV this purse! Butterflies & glitter - how could I not love it? If you are sharing, I would like the cut file for it.
    Thank you,
    -mary
    mary_parham@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jen,
    How can we get the pattern for the purse. Have you stopped giving your patterns away. I have asked for 3 or 4 and have never gotten any.
    Thanks
    Tam
    upnseams@ftc-i.net

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jen,

    I sent you a PM on the board but said your box was full. So, I'm not sure if you go the message. Yes I love the purse and would love to have the cut file. the calander is 4x4 and the width is 3/8" thick. Thank you so much. I love your blog.

    Rhonda

    rhonda1953@insightbb.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the purse. Hope I can make mine look as good as yours. May have to make a pair of shoes to match.
    thanks
    suez

    suezjane2@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. If you are sharing the cut file on the purse I would love it. I just found your blog but now I'm a follower. :)

    busybeadercreations@gmail.com
    my blog: http://craftingmysoul.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh can I please have this purse cut file? omipersians@yahoo.com

    Thanks,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi again, I told you I haven't been on in a while, I want it all you are so creative I wish I had 1/4 your talent, you should be very proud. great work, oh ya if your sharing I would love the cut file for your purse. thanks again, Kim kzminis@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. i forgot my email it is ahsirt28@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. The purse is awesome and the bread looks so yummy. IF you are sharing the purse file I would love to have it.
    Thanks
    Cindy
    busyangel1@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  25. would love the recipe for the bread just got a new bread machine!!!! Your site is gread and the work you do I am at a lost for words to tell you how impressed I am.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the purse!!! Your site is just great!!! Hey can I have the bread recipe for the bread machine? I just got a new bread machine and love french bread. So good to cut up and make bruchetta with.

    ReplyDelete
  27. This one tooo! These are all great! I think I am addicted to paper purses now thanks to you. :)
    Lisa

    spunky2@eastlink.ca

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love love love everying!1 I want them all!

    allie060889@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!