I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Hello...

More playing today. No DS here. Just some fun.
I wanted to play with my new stamps, paper and Opals again. This is what I came up with...




Opals are so cool. They are an embossing powder that have a metalic sheen to them. I was able to get the golden glimmer to appear when I took the picture from this angle....



Thanks to my Australian friend Zoe who sent me the opallettes from Down Under. They are lots of fun! I love them!

(*yawn*) Time for me to get some rest. Hope you all had a great day.
Good night!

Details:
No DS
Cardstock: Rasberry Fizz, New Leaf (PaperTreyInk), White (Georgia Pacific)
Striped paper (DCWV)
Stamp: Beyond Basic Borders (PaperTreyInk)
Ink: New Leaf (PaperTreyInk), Versamark
Opals: Daintree and Wild Hibiscus (PipeDreamInk)
Ribbon: Michael's
Scorepal (score lines around center piece)

14 comments:

  1. VERY PRETTY CARD, JEN.
    LOVE THE COLORS.



    BOBBI

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, that card looks like so much FUN - nice layout... those Opals give dimension and a gret glimmer to the card. I enjoy inking something for fun; it is my greatest stress reliever... so I hope it is the same for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty. The colors are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jen, Very pretty color combinations! Also, I like your stamping and the ribbons! Cute, cute.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to see ya having fun making pretty cards :0)

    Opals look really nice.

    PJ (Jessie Adams)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Jen,

    Love the layering on the card and the dew drops. And yes the opal powder is cool. Thanks for sharing.

    doramiyi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jen-

    what a great card! :) LOVE the colors.

    I have used 2 of the cut files you so graciously sent me and have posted the images (with links back to you) on my blog.

    If you want to check to them out, the address is http://jamieisacraftymomma.blogspot.com

    Thanks
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how pretty, love your choice of colors.. I don't have a clue what opal is.. but so glad you are taking time to have fun for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ok, so cool. I need those opal thingys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card Jen, love the colour combo and those embossing powders look fabby too
    hugs
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  11. so pretty love the opal and colors
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jen, the card is beautiful! I'm going to have to try and find time to make some myself.

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your card! They will appreciate it - I know

    Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  14. very nicely done Jen...I really like the colors!! Thanks for sharing with us!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!