I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Friday, February 6, 2009

PaperTrey Color Challenge

I think I might just get this in under the wire {Phew!!} My whole house is asleep. I should be asleep too. I've been up since 5:30am. I'm T-I-R-E-D - Tired! So this will be a quick post.

PaperTreyInk is celebrating their 2nd Anniversary and Nicole has been posting some fun daily events and challenges on her blog. Today it was a color challenge.
Honestly, I have not been able to invest in all of their great products due to being low on Fun Funds (still paying off Christmas and such) but I'm VERY excited about their new sample pack of papers which will be available on Feb 15th. Sometimes I don't need a lot of one color of cardstock but their sample pack will give me a couple of each so I can try them out and see if I like them. Undoubtably I will, their cardstock is da'bomb!!
Hmmm...my short post is turning into a long post.
My point in bringing that up is, Nicole was kind enough to let those that might not have their exact papers in their scrapstash to be able to use similar colored papers to create something. Yay! I'm not disqualified!! I get to play along.
Here's what I came up with: An altered mini comp book
Love it!! Created the monogram using shrink plastic and inked it with Olive ink which became permanent once I heat set it.
Details:
  • Cricut, Design Studio and Cartridges: Plantin Schoolbook
  • Paper and Cardstock: DCWV
  • Shrink plastic: Clear (Graphix)
  • Ribbon: Offray
  • Ink: Olive (Colorbox)
  • Flowers: Essentials 4 Urban (Prima)
  • Other: comp book, wire for jump rings, yellow brad
Hope you all had a great day!
{*Yawn*}
Good night....

7 comments:

  1. I just love the colours in this.
    Now got to bed.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. again you create something absolutely adorable...

    ReplyDelete
  3. please send another paper trey challenge I hope it encludes the box pattern.I love you work . some people have all the talent.keep up the great ideas.
    from Margie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this notebook is so cute I could use this, please have cut file, thanks for sharing your talent

    Happy2scrap

    happy2scrap56@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the box you created. I have all the carts that you used, so excited!! thanks for your willingness to share.
    gin4Jesus98@hotmail.com

    thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your site! I'm not blog savy yet, but I make up for it by being great with my crafts! Can you please send me instructions on the Pinwheel cards. They are beautiful! I've ordered the Wild Card cartridge.
    Thanks--Donna White
    drjcw@msn.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!