I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Round and Round He Goes

I know... You've been wondering where I have been all day. Besides having a dentist appointment (Zwweeee!!.....can you hear the drill?? I had a cracked tooth that needed to be fixed.) And a few other ordinary errands. And I had to create something! One of my new year's goals for 2009 is to actually start USING some of the files I've created and get my son's pictures out of my computer and into his scrapbook. I'm only 3 1/2 years behind. (ACK! >o.O< ) Here are some pictures I took of him on the carousels at Disneyland and California Adventure.


Details:

  • Cricut Expression and cartridges: Title created using George and Alphalicious
  • Donation amount $1 (Donate button is at the top right. Please specify which file/format you want when you purchase.
  • Decorative paper: Amusuement Park Tickets (SandyLion)
  • Thanks to CardstockHeadquarters fabulous sample box I was able to match a bunch of my decorative papers with the cardstocks she has in stock. brownish color cardstock is actually a red called Lava Weave. And the yellow is called Papaya
  • Ribbon came from Walmart craft section
  • Chalked edges with StampinUp! pastels and a light blue crayola marker

13 comments:

  1. Jen, he is just a cutie...love your lo. I need to get busy on Alex's scrapbook... he graduates in May and I wanted to give them him on his graduation, I have his freshman and almost his sophmore done... if I could stay off the MB and stop blog hopping I could get a lot done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. JEN,
    THE PICTURES OF PORTER ARE SO CUTE. AND SO IS YOUR LO. GREAT JOB ON THE TITLE ALSO. HE LOOKS LIKE HE IS HAVING FUN.

    TFS,

    BOBBI

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very great start!!! Nice layout... and as for being behind, most of us are! there is just never enough time! 48 hr days with 8 hour workday would be IDEAL! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that layout Jen. Colors are great as well as pics.
    Fayrai

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jen

    Great layout - I love how you did the title! I know what you mean about getting those layouts done. Dentists are not fun - I went yesterday as well - ended up with antibotics - I have an abcess - next week it will be a root canal! Keep up that scrapping Girl!

    Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your layout. You've definitely captured the feel of the merry-go-round with your title.

    PJ (Jessie Adams)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jen

    You've a treasure there! Not just the layout your young un is darn cute, and looks to be having a fab time, know what you mean re: being behind, but I am almost 6.5 years! took the card making road but I am slowly steering onto the scrapbooking one, my daughter is ahead of me! Doh! She has started her scrapbook of Gracie. Rue

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jen I want to thank you for your creative kindness. I have a question about scoring. I wanted to know if the cricut has the campibility to score? I heard on HSN today that it can. I checked in the user manual and it doesn't state anything. Please help if you have any information. Also can you send me the link to the cupcake box. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful talent. You have several .cut files that I would love to use but not wishing to be greedy, would you send me the castle card please? I would like to make this for my granddaughter's birthday, I'm sure she will love it. I lost all my cut files when my hard drive went down last month so I must start all over and where better to start than yours!! Thank you so much!

    karen2@winco.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. knockout90, yes you can score with your Cricut. See the end of the birdhouse post: http://jensbrainthings.blogspot.com/search/label/birdhouse

    Also, you requested a file but did not give me or make it possible for me to access an email address through your Google ID so I can not send it to you. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a beautiful layout. I wish I had the cut file for it. We took my grand children to the Public Gardens in Boston in November and there was a Carousel. It would also be perfect for me. You are so talented and creative. Thanks so much for sharing. Deanna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!