Yesterday I spent some time making a few thank you cards for family that sent presents our direction over the holidays. I didn't want to make them all the same but ended up only being able to make two versions in multiple colors.. just too tired from this crazy 'disease' that has taken over my body! Grrr! I'm not trying to make light of other's situations but I've never had a flu or cold bug that has lasted 2 weeks before!
Well, enough of my complaining. On to the creativity....
The first cards I made were all DS. A card inspired by the divine Diane (aka Capadia). I used George for the card and Alphalicious for the "thank you."
My second card is a mix of DS and SCAL.... the card base (5.5" x 8.5") and decorative paper layer (5.25" x 4") were all cut by hand...err... by my Tonic cutter! Easy Peezy! Then I created the bookplate style tag that the letters are mounted to in DS with George. And the letters are "Pharmacy" which I had to place in Inkscape and trace then move over to SCAL to cut. For some reason I can't seem to access my fonts directly in SCAL and my cursor in SCAL is set to type at like 7" and I can't seem to change that either.
Anyone that can share SPECIFIC guidelines on how to fix that I would be really appreciative. (In other words, don't just direct me to the SCAL forum or group. Been there. Can't find what I need)
Here's a close up of the beads on "Thanks!" I ran my cut out letters face down through my Xyron then put them into a container of clear microbeads. I did this with the Alphalicious cards too. You will see the beads on the oval and "thank you" layer attached to the face of the card.
Also, I mounted the tags using some foam dots for dimension.
Maybe you can see it easier here.... My camera doesn't do closeups very well.
Looks like I need to trim the blue ribbon a bit.
Well... I'm off to put more vitamin C and other good things into my body. I have carpool duty tomorrow so I'm hoping for a miraculous recovery. Keep your fingers crossed for me, won't you?
Hope you all have a great day!
- Cartridges (1st card only): George, Alphalicious
- Software: 1st card - DS; 2nd card - DS, Inkscape, SCAL
- Donation amount $1 each (Donate button is at the top right. Please specify which file/format you want when you purchase.
- Also available in PDF or SVG format. Let me know if this is what you need.
- Font: Pharmacy
- Papers: DCWV decorative papers and colored cardstock; GeorgiaPacific #110 white cardstock
- Ribbons: green and red - $1 Michael's bin; blue - StampinUp! (Not sure if it's still available)
- Microbeads: PennywiseArts
- Adhesives: Xyron, EK Success 1/16" foam dots, Scotch Quick Dry