I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Friday, January 2, 2009

Tags and Awards

I have received a few of these over the last couple months and have been busy enough to avoid them. (S0rry.) Today seemed like a good day to gather them up and post them all together and to give thanks to those that gave them to me.

The first TAG came back in October from Laurinda. I think she and I can count ourselves amongst the original DS creators on the message board. :o) You can check out her fun blog here. Thanks Laurinda!

Then in November, Rue had a friend award her twice at the same time. She in turn passed the awards on to others, including me! Suh-weeeet! Rue is very talented with DS also and she (and her sister) make some wonderfully creative cards and craft items which can be seen on her blog. Thanks Rue! Thanks Rue! (yes, thanking you twice :o) )

And TODAY sweet Sandy gave me this award. Another terrific crafter in her own right! She might not create in DS but she definitely knows how to use the files she collects! You are fab too, lady! Thank you so much!! You can see Sandy's blog here.

Ok... so I guess I owe some Fabulously Random facts about myself....
1. I'm an identical twin. That's right. There are two of me walking around. LOL
2. I enjoyed reading the Harry Potter series and my son loves the movies so we watch them all the time.
3. I've moved 5 times in the 19 years I've been married to my sweet hubby. Four of five times to a different state. (CA -> UT -> CA -> IL -> AZ)
4. I am not a graphic designer as some have speculated. All of my "graphic design" talent comes via my sister's assistance or is self taught. (Same sis as is mentioned in random fact #1.)
5. I am a volunteer for Cochlear America. My son is profoundly deaf/hard of hearing and has bilateral cochlear implants. It is a wonderful way to meet and talk with others who have or are going through the same challenges that I face each day with my son. I've even had a chance to chat with some Cricut board members who have family members that have or may receive implants.
Some of the FAB blogs I love to visit....
1. Of course my new FAB friend Fayrai has to get a mention. She has been the creator/tester of many of my most recent creations! She is a gem!! Thank you Faye for all you do. I will be back to creating new files soon. Promise :o)
2. Susan and I don't see eye-to-eye politically, but she has great style and I love looking at her FAB creations.
3. Linda.... what can I say. She is the best source of info a Cricut crafter could want! She is FAB!! I'm not the only who thinks so either. Seems like every time I visit her blog the ticker has jumped another 20,000 points!! You rock girl!
4. Nicole's blog is just getting started. She runs a FAB business from home and is a mom to two so she is SUPER busy. When ever I have ordered from her she has always put in a few free extras ... her generosity is wonderful!
5. Froggy (aka Dawn) gets nod number five. She not only is a terrific crafter but she also co-owns some fun yahoo groups (at least one of which I'm a member).
It really was difficult to limit my list to five. I have tried to mention blogs that I didn't mention the last time I received an award. And I had to save some for the possibility that maybe this won't be the last time I get an award... Hope you all have had a great day.
Toodles......

10 comments:

  1. Now that is a scary thought that there is TWO of you running around... (you know I am only kidding) Thank you for the wonderful kind things you said about me... I feel so special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the mention... and HUGS to you! Barack says thanks too!!! LOL. (I crack myself up)!

    By the way, you have NO IDEA how hard the kids & I had to work on DH for him to agree to be photographed with the standee!!! He is the best of men and I am very blessed.

    And you... Well, all I can say is I admire you greatly and I value your cyber-friendship!!!

    S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jen,
    I enjoy working with you very much. You deserve to be awarded because you are incredibly(sp?) talented. On top of that you are very sweet and friendly. Keep crafting to the limits.
    Hugs,
    Fayrai

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW JEN,
    THOUGHT YOU WERE ONE OF A KIND.!! NOW WE HAVE TWO OF YOU !! HA HA
    HOW NICE, ABSOLUTELY GREAT.
    CONGRATULATIONS ON ALL OF YOUR AWARDS. YOU REALLY ARE A GREAT DESIGNER. KEEP UP THE BEAUTIFUL DESIGNS THAT YOU SHARE WITH US.
    THANK YOU FOR ALSO BEING SO SHARING..

    LUV,
    BOBBI

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jen,
    You deserve the awards you received and more! Congratulations. BTW, I was looking at snaterje's blog and there was a bra card there that I would love to have, will you please send me the file? Thanks again!

    Carmen,
    cal8007@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow we are all so blessed to have 2 of you! Congratulations on your awards and mostly thank you for sharing your amazing talent. You are the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to have the cut file for the nativity. That is super cute! My email address is arh_01@yahoo.com. Thanks! Amber

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jen, You are an amazing woman and designer!! Thanks so much for all you do, and your sister, too :)
    Deb/theboydbunch

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two of you!! Wow, that is wonderful. Congratulations on your awards. You deserve them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the Harry Potter books and movies, too. We need a bit of magic in our lives now and then.

    You're a talented, generous lady and deserve the accolades. And thanks for posting the other blogspots - enjoy browsing and getting ideas.

    PJ (Jessie Adams)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!