Inspired by some really cute projects by my friend Teri (aka Teriberi), I wanted to try another shink plastic project. I cut cute, little lady#2 out of black shrink plastic. Her beginning size is 5 1/2" tall. I knew I wanted to turn her into a charm so I punched a hole in her head (sounds funny when I say it like that but that's what I did. lol) then shrunk her down. She's so petite and cute! She's just 2" tall now.
I cut a piece of 8 1/2" x 11" vellum cardstock in half and then scored it at 4 1/4" to make an A2 card (finished size 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"). I scalloped the bottom edge of the front of the vellum card by using the round end cap from Plantin Schoolbook. (Sorry, I didn't save the file.) I used my Cuttlebug and embossed the front half of the vellum card using Swiss Dot.
Created and cut a cityscape border and attached it across the middle of the face of the card. I used a silver Sharpie to go around the outside edge of the cityscape.
Next, I used my Cuttlebug again to make an embossed white mat using the 3rd largest Nestability die from the Spellbinders Large Classic Rectangle die set. Inked it with a silver Sharpie. Adhered the white mat to a scrap from the Sparkle Razzberry Celebration decorative paper left over from the Nugget Purse. Inked that with the silver Sharpie also.
Made a couple jump rings and joined them. I hung my cute little fashionista charm on one and tied a piece of black ribbon to the other. I adhered the mat using foam squares and attached the ribbon to the card using a glue dot.
I cut a pink piece of cardstock to 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" and scored and folded it at 4 1/2" to create a liner for the vellum card. Attached the pink layer to the inside of the vellum card.
NOTE: The Polyshrink didn't cut cleanly. I still had to trim with scissors afterwards. It was a brand new blade (depth: 6, pressure: max) so I know it wasn't that. I even tried multi-cut and it still didn't cut through. Teri had told me that Shrinky Dink plastic cut perfectly for her so maybe there is a difference between the two brands. I guess I need to go find some Shrinky Dink plastic and test it out on my machine to see how the products differ.
I hope you like it. Toodles .....
- Cricut, Design Studio, Cartridges: Lady#2 - George; cityscape and scallop edge: Plantin Schoolbook (no file)
- Donation amount $1 (Donate button is at the top right. Please specify which file/format you want when you purchase.
- Also available in PDF or SVG format. Let me know if this is what you need. (Lady#2 only)
- Cuttlebug, embossing folder: Swiss dot
- Spellbinders Nestability: Classic Rectangle - large
- Papers: Vellum cardstock - PaperTreyInk; decorative paper - Sparkle Razzberry Celebration (Cloud9 Design); pink - Frosted Pink (Prism Papers); black - Black Orange peel (Bazzill Basics)
- PolyShrink black shrink plastic
- Ribbon: Michael's $1 bin