I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Monday, January 12, 2009

Out on the town

Inspired by some really cute projects by my friend Teri (aka Teriberi), I wanted to try another shink plastic project. I cut cute, little lady#2 out of black shrink plastic. Her beginning size is 5 1/2" tall. I knew I wanted to turn her into a charm so I punched a hole in her head (sounds funny when I say it like that but that's what I did. lol) then shrunk her down. She's so petite and cute! She's just 2" tall now.
I cut a piece of 8 1/2" x 11" vellum cardstock in half and then scored it at 4 1/4" to make an A2 card (finished size 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"). I scalloped the bottom edge of the front of the vellum card by using the round end cap from Plantin Schoolbook. (Sorry, I didn't save the file.) I used my Cuttlebug and embossed the front half of the vellum card using Swiss Dot.
Created and cut a cityscape border and attached it across the middle of the face of the card. I used a silver Sharpie to go around the outside edge of the cityscape.
Next, I used my Cuttlebug again to make an embossed white mat using the 3rd largest Nestability die from the Spellbinders Large Classic Rectangle die set. Inked it with a silver Sharpie. Adhered the white mat to a scrap from the Sparkle Razzberry Celebration decorative paper left over from the Nugget Purse. Inked that with the silver Sharpie also.
Made a couple jump rings and joined them. I hung my cute little fashionista charm on one and tied a piece of black ribbon to the other. I adhered the mat using foam squares and attached the ribbon to the card using a glue dot.
I cut a pink piece of cardstock to 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" and scored and folded it at 4 1/2" to create a liner for the vellum card. Attached the pink layer to the inside of the vellum card.
NOTE: The Polyshrink didn't cut cleanly. I still had to trim with scissors afterwards. It was a brand new blade (depth: 6, pressure: max) so I know it wasn't that. I even tried multi-cut and it still didn't cut through. Teri had told me that Shrinky Dink plastic cut perfectly for her so maybe there is a difference between the two brands. I guess I need to go find some Shrinky Dink plastic and test it out on my machine to see how the products differ.
I hope you like it. Toodles .....
Details:
  • Cricut, Design Studio, Cartridges: Lady#2 - George; cityscape and scallop edge: Plantin Schoolbook (no file)
  • Donation amount $1 (Donate button is at the top right. Please specify which file/format you want when you purchase.
  • Also available in PDF or SVG format. Let me know if this is what you need. (Lady#2 only)
  • Cuttlebug, embossing folder: Swiss dot
  • Spellbinders Nestability: Classic Rectangle - large
  • Papers: Vellum cardstock - PaperTreyInk; decorative paper - Sparkle Razzberry Celebration (Cloud9 Design); pink - Frosted Pink (Prism Papers); black - Black Orange peel (Bazzill Basics)
  • PolyShrink black shrink plastic
  • Ribbon: Michael's $1 bin

20 comments:

  1. Oh Jen... that is just to cute for words... I can't believe you didn't save your .cut file... :-( You did a fanastic job. Don't you just love DS??? You are just so creative and talented... You did a awesome job on this... cute cute cute...

    ReplyDelete
  2. jen that's a great idea, I need to get me some black shrink plastic.
    Thanks for sharing your idea, the card is so beautiful and the little lady looks even cute.

    Hug Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a fab idea using shrink plastic and what a stylish card! I love it!

    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  4. JEN,
    THIS IS THE CUTEST CARD. LOOKS LIKE A LOT OF WORK BUT THE RESULTS ARE BEAUTIFUL. GREAT IDEAS.
    I HAVEN'T WORKED WITH SHRINK PLASTIC FOR YEARS. BUT IT IS FUN TO PLAY WITH.

    VERY PRETTY.
    BOBBI

    ReplyDelete
  5. That really has class. How cute.

    Sherry Mc.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such an adorable card - the person who gets this will really love this! Black and pink are so perfect and a lady that size has to be just darling!!
    You are just so talented!

    Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jen, this is so cool. Your classy lady turned out great (ofcourse). I think I'll try some shrink plastic. I've had it for about 2 years and never even opened it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cool Jen! I'm going to try this because I love those fasionistas!!! I've never worked with shrinky dink plastic before. I can't wait to try this.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jen, you did a great job on that card - and the shrinky thing - (I'm going to have to get me some -thanks for enabling me :) You are awesome as always,

    Thanks for sharing,
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  10. very nice projects i like it to make it's thanks for the lovely file's

    ReplyDelete
  11. would love this file. Thank you so much!!! I love the work you do, so fabulous.

    D
    dchiu4@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for sharing your talent and ideas so generously. I love this card!

    My email address is maffra@bigpond.net.au
    I wouldl ove the cutfiles to all your silhouettes, pregannt and non pregnant!!!!

    Many thanks
    Robyn COtterill.
    I have also signed up as a follower to this fabulous blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. JenC, your designs are wonderful. Would you mind sending me the cut files for the lady pregnant and non pregnant please.
    kathleen.smith10@btinternet.com

    Thanks in advance
    kath

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is adorable and I just happen to have some shrink material. Thanks for sharing your great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jen could I please get cut files for Out on the town and other ladies?
    Thanks for sharing your talent once again. happy2scrap56@yahoo.com
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi-
    It’s me again! Begging for another cut file!
    Kim
    Allie060889@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi-
    It’s me again! Begging for another cut file!
    Kim
    Allie060889@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi-
    It’s me again! Begging for another cut file!
    Kim
    Allie060889@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love love love everying!1 I want them all!

    allie060889@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, that's so lovely!

    Thank you all your hard work!

    Inge

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!