Yup... it's time to join the rest of crafty-blogland and move on to the next gift giving holiday: Valentines! (hug, hug, kiss, kiss!). First up is this sassy little number ... A nugget purse!
Fayrai found this idea (what would I do without her?! I do not want to find out.) I created an original file following Elizebeth's measurements to the letter. We decided we needed to make some alterations to the original pattern because we prefer clean sides and the front flap wass too long with Cricut doing the work....(Her corner rounder must take off a chunk of paper when she shapes the front flap.)
This bag is super easy to put together.
Cut it out and score where indicated
Fold along score lines. Place adhesive on the back of the bottom tab (attached to front of purse)
Tuck small center tabs in, fold in the tab attached to "back" of purse then adhere bottom tabs into place
Attach a piece of 5 1/2" ribbon to the inside of the box on the side walls. Attach an embellishment to the flap and you're ready to fill it up with treats!
Now, I need to run to the store and get some nuggets to go inside. Yum!
- Cricut cartridge: box - George (Heart embellishment was created using Doodlecharms heart layers. Not included in cut file.)
- Cut File Available:** Donate button is at the top right. Please specify which file you want when you purchase. (box only)
- Baby bug compatible
- Papers: black - Black Orange peel (Bazzill Basics); pink - Frosted Pink (Prism Papers); decorative paper - Sparkle Razzberry Celebration (Cloud9 Design)
- Ribbon: Stampin Up! (not sure if it's still available. I purchased it 2 yrs ago)
- Redline tap (1/4")
- Aileen's Tack It over and over adhesive (so box can be opened and closed without tearing)