I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Friday, January 30, 2009

Love a Parade layout

I worked on this layout yesterday. Now that I'm looking at it from a 'bird's eye view' it seems it needs one more thing. You can see (slightly) the little red dotted circle around the picture of my son. You're looking at his back. He's sitting on hubby's shoulders watching the parade at Disneyland. The red really shows up well in person but when looking at the layout as a whole there just isn't enough attention given where it's needed. Hmmm... an arrow I think. (dont you think?) and I guess I should add a proper title. The paper at the bottom is too jumbled to pick the "Love a Parade" out as the title.



Here is the back of the tag... I sewed on a pocket using page protector plastic and put our park hopper passes in it. On the reverse i attached a piece of cardstock and wrote about the day on it (see it above in the pocket).



I used Plantin Schoolbook's bracket to create a handle for the tag and sandwiched ribbon in between. Also... I used some brads to create "Mickey heads" to accent here and there.

No cut files... just sharing.

Details:
Cricut and Plantin Schoolbook cartridge
Patterend papers: SandyLion
Cardstock: Papaya
Brads: primary colors (Oriental Trading Co)
Ribbons: JoAnns, Walmart
Stickles: Xmas Red

19 comments:

  1. I think an arrow would definitely help you (your son) out. Very cute tag.

    Doramiyi
    -CANADA-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your layout - darling idea for the tags - I love how they pull out!

    Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really Cute, my kids have been bugging us about going to DISNEYLAND! Will have to make the trip real soon! Thanks for sharing! Love it!
    Regan

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice layout...colors are great. Liked the handle idea for the tag too Jen. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice Layout! I like the way you used the bracket. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute is that tag??!! Fun idea.
    Great job!!

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your little tag. That's such a creative way to use that bracket. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. CUTE LO, JEN.
    YES, YOU CAN SEE THE DOTS AROUND YOUR SON. LOVE THE WAY YOU SHOWED YOUR PASSES. GREAT..

    TFS
    BOBBI

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great layout. Thank you for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great layout, I love your pages.

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous page Jen, your colours are fantastic. I just love Donald on the tag, it's a great finishing touch

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cool layout! What about an arrow that points to your son but trails off to the left on the top of the page. Would it be thick enough to repeat the "Love a Parade" title on the tail of the arrow? TFS! :o)

    Amy V.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jen, I love this layout. Gives me hope that someday I might actually do my Disney layouts:-} I don't think I would change anything. BTW even with the "drugs" you are still one of the most talented people I know.
    Kathy - Garfieldsmom

    ReplyDelete
  14. How clever to yse a bracket on the tag, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow jen, this is lovely. the little pull out tag is gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like you all had fun.
    Good layout.


    PJ (Jessie Adams)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so cute. I still have to do our Disney Trip.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just stopping by to tell you that I love your Disney layout. I am not a scrapper, but I can appreciate the work involved.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think an arrow would help. It is an adorable layout. There is so much to see and do and remember at Disneyland that it's hard not to put everything you can on a page. I really like the bracket tag.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!