I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Friday, January 16, 2009

Cricut 101 - part 1 of 3

*** Thank you for your patience. Video has been fixed ***

I created a video tutorial today but it got so long that I needed to break it down into smaller "mini" video tutorials.

We'll start with the basics. Remember Karate Kid, the movie? Wax on, Wax off... In this video I talk about Cartridge Library, the virtual keypad and the Shape Properties. Once we understand the basics (part 1 & 2) hopefully it will make sense when I show you how I create a design (part 3).

DS Part 1 of 3 from Jen C on Vimeo.



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Q: How does the program know which cartridge I own? Or does it come with all the shapes and I wasted my money buying the cartridges?
A: Yes, you need to have the cartridges to cut the shapes used in a DS design. The software will ask you to input each cartridge into your machine when you go to cut out a design or you can plug in your jukebox with any six carts and it will automatically search your jukebox for the cartridges needed to cut the file.

12 comments:

  1. Sorry Jen, part 1 of 3 doesn't work... it says "this video has been removed due to terms of use violation. Am I doing something wrong???

    ReplyDelete
  2. jen, for some reason I am unable to watch this video due to "This video has been removed due to terms of use violation." is it something I did???
    Your 2nd video I had no problem with.....LOVED IT!
    MJC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi i just wanted to let you know that when i went to watch the 1st video it is not showing up and youtube says it was removed. I really was looking forward to this - thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, It does say removed terms of use violation. Whatever that means. I hope you can post it, I would love to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't got a chance to view the videos. on dial up. but can't wait to get the chance 2.
    Thanks so much.
    barb911 s/e mi
    snowbirding in Myrtle Beach

    ReplyDelete
  6. great video! I could watch it just fine. I don't have the DS software yet but this certainly takes the edge off :)
    How does the program know which cartridge I own? Or does it come with all the shapes and I wasted my money buying the cartridges?
    stamp@ethaschuette.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, love it! Could not wait to get back here today to see if you had it working. Thank you so much for doing this for us ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jen!!

    Thanks so much for doing these videoes...great job!! I have only watched the first one, so will be onto the next parts 2 and 3 when I get more free time. I appreciate you taking the time to make these, as I am sure others will greatly benefit too!!

    Sincerely, Sara
    sarabrinker@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for the tutorials Jen. I have debated on getting DS until I know a bit more about it.
    Going on to the #2. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Jen! Nice to be able to put a voice with a face! :) Love the videos, watched one so far, will see the rest sometime today.. I didnt even know you put videos up! Awesome! YOu are STILL the best!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job explaining everything. I can't wait until you get to the harder stuff. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. thank you so much for doing this....mostly I don't have a clue yet but this will get me started (if I watch 100 times)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!