I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Monday, December 8, 2008

Punisher

OK... I guess I'm old and out of it. I never thought I'd out grow the hip crowd. LOL I should have know it was happening (and I was in denial) when I was getting requests for files and I had NO idea what it was they were talking about. Punisher was one of those requests. The new updated (November 2008) version of DS made this file super easy. Punisher, for those of you like me that didn't know what it was, is the skull figure with the extra long four front teeth. ("Cheeeeeeeze!") From what I have read about him, he's a Super Hero.... One of the good guys.

Anyway, Tirza is so cute..... She says her hubby calls her cricut "the gift that keeps on taking." (ROFL!) She was hoping I could help her help her hubby see that it actually does give back!
Since that is similar to my own personal battle I wage at home I said, "Yes! It would be my pleasure!" Tirza has the Indie Art cart and the new update with the "Hide" feature is now available which made this super duper easy. (Woohoo!) Not sure which skull she liked better, I made her two versions of Punisher to choose from.



Oh and I've found a glitchy thingy with the new Hide Selected Contour. (Maybe you already know about this?) Apparantly, after you save and close the file it doesn't always maintain the "hidden" bits. In the picture below, see the Punisher dude on the right.... that's how he appears when you open the file and click preview. Same with the one on the left. For some reason, one of the Indie Art skull and crossbones characters doesn't keep the crossbones hidden after you save and close the file but the other one does. (Go figure!) They are both in the same file and both from the same cart. So.... for future reference, when you use that feature always *ALWAYS* preview before you cut!




Details:
  • Indie Art and George
  • Donation amount $1 (Donate button is at the top right. Please specify which file/format you want when you purchase.
  • Also available in PDF or SVG format. Let me know if this is what you need.
  • Baby bug compatible
  • Requires November 2008 update

8 comments:

  1. Hi Jen! Woo Hoo, you have been busy! This Punisher cut is very, very cool...perfect for a guy type card. Totally amazing how you create these cuts so quickly.
    p.s. thanx for the hints on the new hide feature!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're funny, Jen.Very cool design.

    The only way I know The Punisher is because I came across the original movie on cable one evening and couldn't switch the channel 'cause the actor was so hunky!

    PJ (Jessie Adams)

    ReplyDelete
  3. GUESS I'M REALLY OOOOLD.....DON'T THINK I'LL EVER WANT TO CUT ONE OF THESE....
    BUT I'M SURE YOU DID A SUPER JOB. DON'T KNOW THE GUY !!!!!!!!

    BOBBI

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen,
    My husband is a huge fan of the punisher. These are really great. I tried making a skull awhile back, to match those little mdf wood mini albums(cant remeber who makes them) anyway...I totally failed at the eyes! and you nailed them..Would love both cute files. Thank you for sharing! Have a wonderful week! Regan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never heard of him - I am sure at some point in time the GSs will be into him - he looks kinda scary to me *smile* which is probably why those boys will grow up to like things like him.

    Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Kids love this guy. You did a great job on him. Could I please gey the cut file for this.
    Debbied500@yahoo.com

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  7. ROFL!!! I'm right there with you Jen I have no clue what the "younger" generation is talking about. I have run into this glitch, now I make sure to cut out before saving just to make sure.
    BTW.....do you ever sleep???LOL
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh WOW! Great job! My husband is a huge fan of the Punisher too...the kids even got him a Tshirt. I would love this cut file please.Thanks so much!
    luvdotz@aol.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!