I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Four more presents FINISHED!! :o)

YAY! I had a mission to accomplish today. I needed to complete some Christmas gifts so they could go into the mail. I really love these simple A2 card folders that Dannie made. (I think they originated with her.)



I recreated the cutting & scoring bits for the holder in DS to make this easy card holder SUPER EASY. Including my monogram labels to match the JustRite 1 5/8" monogram set. I got a screamin' good deal from Taylored Expressions! Thank you very much! (Apparently I wasn't the only one. She sold out of the set I got.) Due to time constraints, I didn't have time to condition my stamps so I ended up using the Mickey Font letters instead. These are for some kids so the lower case letter works perfectly, I think.

I used bits and pieces of the left over DCWV "Nana's Kids" papers to create the strips of papers on the cards, envelopes and cover of the holder. If you haven't stocked up on DCWV papers and you want to, JoAnn's still has them on sale 50% off. The 12x12 papers stacks that are usually $20 are $10 right now. Great time to stock up!

Details:
  • Holder: All Plantin Schoolbook. Requires Expression due to size
  • Donation amount $1 (Donate button is at the top right. Please specify which file/format you want when you purchase.Also available in PDF or SVG format. Let me know if this is what you need.
  • Cards: Cut by hand...err... Tonic cutter! Do you have one? I love mine!
  • All decorative papers: DCWV Nana's Kids
  • Envelopes: purchased. Decorated with scraps
  • Monograms: George, Mini Monograms. (Letters from Mickey Font)
  • Ribbons: Target $1 isle
  • Eyelets: Crop-o-Dile
--------------------
Q: What is a Tonic Cutter
A: It's a TERRIFIC guillotine style paper cutter. I have the smaller, portable version. Not that I take it anywhere, but it is SO much more accurate than my Fiskars trimmer. You can see it here. This is not the store I got it at, but the site had a great picture of it.

27 comments:

  1. WOW....THAT IS BEAUTIFUL. SOME PEOPLE ARE GOING TO BE VERY HAPPY WHEN THEY OPEN YOUR PRESENT. VERY NICE,,,
    KEEP SCRAPPING, bobbi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jen,
    Good to be back on. I like your newest creation. Would love to have .cutfile. did you check out my blog?
    Fayrai

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Job. OK what is a Tonic cutter?

    SallyW

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATULATIONS!!! whoever get these WILL LOVE IT!!! Very nice gift idea. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As usual, I love it. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. FABULOUS!!!! May I please have the cutfile???!!!

    Kiesla

    scrappin_doll@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. These turned out great - they are going to love them - I know I would
    Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jen - On my last post I forgot to ask you if I could have the cut file - I think I am losing my mind - it is half gone already!!LOL!

    Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  9. these card holders are so beautiful too, great work Jen.
    Wish I was as good as you, but I need to learn a lot with DS, I'm just getting started.

    I love to have this cutfile too, it's great to give to someone.

    Take care Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE this set, Jen.
    Very fun and colorful for kids, but I think anyone would enjoy getting this as a gift.

    Terrific job!

    PJ (jessie adams)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the cards in holder gifts.
    Thanks SO much for the link to the cutter, I get so frustrated with my Fisker cutter will add this one to my wish list!!
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very, very nice! Would love to have the file for this project too. Great job!

    Doreen
    doreen294@cox.net

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the way you decorated your cards. What a great idea. I would love the file for this, please. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the card sets and holder. Would you be willing to share the cut file??? I wish I would have seen this sooner, I need 3 gifts for tomorrow and this would have been perfect.
    Keep up the creativity!
    Christi
    fillhardfarm@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMg! I was looking for something to make for my nieces that would fit into my budget (poor with a boat load of cute paper). I would love this .cut file!! THX
    mistylmills3@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would love to have the cutfile for these card folders. Thanks

    Kiesla

    scrappin_doll@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Another great gift idea! I would love the cutfile for this, too! Thank you, Denise
    blu_eyed_redhead2002@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Okay, Jen, last request for the night. I'm exhausted, and you will be too when it comes time to fill my requests. Thank you so much for all the wonderful work you do. We are so fortunate to have someone like you who is willing to share. delipa@hotmail.com

    Good night.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this little card folder and make so many card sets to give as gifts. Would you mind sharing the cutfile for your folder? I'd really appreciate it!

    Thanks!

    Brandy
    bahoot@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  20. please send me this file.
    shakey91077@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. These would make wonderful gifts for teachers and the bus drivers. Could I please have the cut file. Thank you so much for your generosity.
    Krista
    ksgoergen@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Jen,

    This is a great idea!! May I have this cut file?

    Thanks,
    Enjoli
    stampingunderthesun@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I absolutely love this! May I please have the cutfile?

    Ashley

    ashleyupshall@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. These would make great gifts.
    Thanks for the cut file.

    Cindy
    busyangel1@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love your card set and holder!! How cute:) I'm working on making monogram cards for a bridal shower I'm going to next week. The folder would perfect to put them in! I'd love the cutfile. TFS!

    Becky
    beckydbarnett@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is a great card folder. I would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is a great gift, and I'd love to try and make some for my craft stall.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!