I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I love baby things!

Ok, remember my cute elephant card? Jenn (yes, another Jenn, I'm not talking about myself. lol) had posted the cute elephant toy that her hubby had cut out for her (thanks Jenn's hubby!). Well today I went and purchased the goodies to go with the card.

First up, the softest flannel at Joann's. Elephants on one side and a coordinating stripe for the back. And I brought it home and made a cute little baby blanket with green stitching. I love it!

Then, because I'm hardly a seamstress. (I only do straight stitches and they're rarely as straight as I want them) I hit my favorite little boutique.. Target (pronounced "tar jhay" with a french accent hehehe!) They had the cutest monkey themed clothes but I had already chosen elephant for the theme so I went with the Gerber wild animals which featured an elephant and happened to be in the perfect green color to match the blankie.
elephant with giraffe on one-piece zip-up thing
elephant with lion on front of layette...

elephant on sock....


The blanket stitched together super fast then I put the whole thing, card included into a nice little Priority Box and USPS will be by to pick it up for me tomorrow. Have you tried the USPS pay-for-postage-online-and-have-the-post-guy (or -girl) come-pick-it-up-from-you thing yet? I highly recommend it!
I love it when I'm able to do a coordinated package like this.

15 comments:

  1. What a lovely package. I love the elephants. Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job with all the cute elephant goodies and that darling matching card! I love it too when everything comes together like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your baby gift looks like a package that any new Mom would be thrilled to receive.
    Your doing a great job on organizing your guest/craft room, I enjoyed the pictures.
    Also wanted to comment that your tutorials are "WONDERFUL" - thank you for posting them.
    Joy and Blessings, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet gift! The card is precious, bu the blanket is amazing!!! Love the colours! The recipient is sure to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome gift. I know she will appreciate all the thought and design that went in preparation for this gift.

    SallyW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jen this is awesome, you did an excellent job! I sure would like to receive it as a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think all women get a little dippy about baby things. And now that I'm a grandmother, it's worse!

    I think your blanket turned out pretty good for a "straight stitcher". Love the fabrics you chose. Lucky new baby to get such goodies.

    PJ (Jessie Adams)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohhhh, sooooo cute!! I love the elephants!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh Jen

    That is the cutest gift basket. I wish I would have seen it a few months ago.

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  10. toooo cute, and I love your description of the USPS pick up your package thingie!lol

    Have a great weekend!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh SO CUTE!!!!! You are an awesome crafter!

    It's been a while since I've been able to check in on your blog. Wow! What a great bunch of tutorials! Thanks very much!!! (I knew you'd have to eventually . . . ;-D)

    I'm really SAD to see that people have taken advantage of your generousity.


    \/
    OO
    ~~

    I for one really appreciate all your time and efforts!

    Buglette/craftykaren

    (sorry for all the aliases, just depends on how I'm feeling at the moment!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jenn,
    That is absolutely darling!! Oh to be the lucky one to receive such a cute package!! You did a great job and I'm sure it will be a treasured keepsake!

    jztjzt

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jen C, you are so talented. I know I can always check your blog for ideas. I have a co-worker having a baby the end of Dec. This is a great gift idea. I don't sew, so I will buy the blanket:-). She doesn't want to know what the sex of the baby is, so I will stay with neutral colors. Thank you for all that you do.
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  14. love, love, love, the baby elephant
    so cute
    daisygirl16@embarqmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!