I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Friday, November 21, 2008

Christmas Cards

I've been working on my cards off and on now for the last ...um.... 3 months! I know. It's a sickness. Don't even ask about when I made my Christmas ornaments! lol



I've made 30 of the 60 that I need to make. Woohoo! Half way there! I really love how they are turning out.

The way the red velvet/suede paper has turned out when I embossed it with the Ornament background embossing folder is so cool. And then the touches of red stickles dotted here-n-there on the tree tie it all together.
The tree is adhered with the 3-D glue dots. I wasn't sure if the foam dots would stick to the velvet and I certainly didn't want the cards falling apart in the mail. A couple glue dots worked fabulously! (sorry about the blurry pic)

Last night when I took the picture below, the flash from my camera made the clear beads show as white in the picture. The picture shows a better idea of the true colors of the card... the rich red velvet paper and dark green cardstock. The colors get washed out in the sunlit pictures above.



Details: 
  • Red velvet paper: SEI 
  • Green cardstock: Old Hunter Green, CardstockHeadquarters (Thanks Nicole!!) 
  • Gold shimmer cardstock: PaperTreyInk 
  • Gold ribbon: PaperTreyInk 
  • Embossing Folders: Ornament background, Lace Christmas Tree, Provo Craft 
  • Gold ink: Encore 
  • Clear microbeads: PennyWiseArts 
  • O'So Sticky powder: PennyWiseArts 
  • Stickles: Xmas Red 
  • Cream cards, envelopes: JoAnns

18 comments:

  1. OHHHH SO Pretty.I like them Jen.. I wish I was on your christmas card list. Nina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen

    These are just beautiful!!

    Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card Jen!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They turned out absolutely beautiful Jen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are very talented, I found your site through amandas. I love the texture to this. Thanks for sharing. I just downloaded my design studio and have had fun learning and creating. I love your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jen
    I just love that card and the embossing folder you used. Beautiful!
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG this card is beautiful, the velvet paper makes the card so rich. Thanks for sharing.
    Donna goCricutgo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jen,

    Your card is so beautiful! I may have to borrow (steal?) your creation. Thank you for sharing your card with us.

    Linda C

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those look so rich! I love the texture and dimension. I just made some holiday cards this weekend, but they are not even half as beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is beautiful - I have been working on mine for the last few days - so far they have all ended up in the trash - (boo hoo)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Jen. TFS GailHeinecke

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow. I never would have thought of putting the tree in front of the ornament embossing. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice card. I have some of the velvet paper, but have not used it. Yours looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW!! They are fantastic. Are you interested in adding one more to your mailing list (me)?? LOL
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your card is beautiful, Love the look of the white on the dark green, thankyou for sharing! How many did you have to make? Regan

    ReplyDelete
  16. I missed that part of the post....lol, wow thats alot of embossing...Thanks again Regan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!