She published the pattern in the Paper Crafts special edition "You Go, Girl!" last year. I snatched it up thinking it would be $6 magazine. Turned out to be $15!! OUCH! That'll teach me to not look at a price before getting to the register.
Anyway, ever since I created her witch's shoe in DS I've wanted to get the boot created in DS also.
Man! The DS upgrade (from August) sure is finicky! I had to save and close about a billion times before it was done. Several people have asked if I've ever given up on making anything. This boot was almost one of those times. Countless errors... Unhandled exceptions mostly due to being out of memory but a few of those dreaded "couldn't read to end of stream." I started over so many times I can't even tell you. I finally finished the pattern last night and had a chance to test it out today. It still needs a few tweaks here and there but I think overall it came out pretty good!
Ok kids.... Gotta go get some errands done and finish prepping for visitors this week. I'll be back as soon as I can.
- Boot is all Plantin Schoolbook
- .cut or gypsy files available. Click HERE for more information. ( Please specify which file/format you want when you donate. Thank you.)
- Lights from Christmas Cheer
- Flower - George
- Tag - hand cut
- Decorative paper from a scrap
- Decorative wire - Memory Makers
- Embossing folder - Cuddlebug
- Finished size: 8" from toe to heel, 7" from top edge to sole, 2" wide.
Check out Rosa's CUTE boot! Love the papers she used! Fantastic job. Thanks for sharing!
Janice made some great little black boots. The red and white details really POP!! Great job Janice. Thanks for sharing!