I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Monday, November 10, 2008

Boot Scootin' Christmas style

This boot was created by Ellen Hutson! Isn't she wonderful!!?? Love her! Here is my plain paper copy from the magazine all cut out and put together. I didn't increase the size or anything so the boot is quite small but it was a great place to start.



She published the pattern in the Paper Crafts special edition "You Go, Girl!" last year. I snatched it up thinking it would be $6 magazine. Turned out to be $15!! OUCH! That'll teach me to not look at a price before getting to the register.
Anyway, ever since I created her witch's shoe in DS I've wanted to get the boot created in DS also.



Man! The DS upgrade (from August) sure is finicky! I had to save and close about a billion times before it was done. Several people have asked if I've ever given up on making anything. This boot was almost one of those times. Countless errors... Unhandled exceptions mostly due to being out of memory but a few of those dreaded "couldn't read to end of stream." I started over so many times I can't even tell you. I finally finished the pattern last night and had a chance to test it out today. It still needs a few tweaks here and there but I think overall it came out pretty good!


Ok kids.... Gotta go get some errands done and finish prepping for visitors this week. I'll be back as soon as I can.

Details:
  • Lights from Christmas Cheer
  • Flower - George
  • Tag - hand cut
  • Decorative paper from a scrap
  • Decorative wire - Memory Makers
  • Embossing folder - Cuddlebug
  • Finished size: 8" from toe to heel, 7" from top edge to sole, 2" wide.
-----------
Check out Rosa's CUTE boot! Love the papers she used! Fantastic job. Thanks for sharing!
-----------
Janice made some great little black boots. The red and white details really POP!! Great job Janice. Thanks for sharing!

32 comments:

  1. I love this boot Jen. You did a great job. Please send me the .cut file when you get time.

    Thanks,
    Nicole Boucher
    nicole@cardstockheadquarters.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute. I would love to get the cut file for this if you are sharing it.

    Thanks Debbied500@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen this is just so much fun.
    What a brilliant cut file

    ReplyDelete
  4. How do you do it, this boot is so cool and I must have the cut file when you find time to send it to me.
    jsleavitt@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ever since cuttin gyour shoe, I've been dieing for you to make a boot. I would love it if you could please send me the cut file when you get a second.
    Thanks for sharing, I'm so glad you didn't give up!!
    Donna
    graveld@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is great. I don't know how you do it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All I can say is OMG! That is so cute. It is the perfect candy or small gift holder. I would like the cut file, but I'm not sure I can put that together. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. way to cute.if you are sharing the cut file i would like it if possible.
    joanneh
    edward5@q.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Jen anaother fantastic .cut file

    Please share... Thank You
    Dawn_Hewitt@shaw.ca

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you stuck with it.
    Fun boot. Lots of cowgirls and cowboys will enjoy this treat holder.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this boot! Looks like the bottom part might work as a leprechaun shoe for St. Pat's Day as well. Please send me the file when you get a chance and TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this boot and would love the cut file - thank you for sharing it. let me know if you still need my email
    Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is amazing, JenC you are amazing. I would love this cut file. Thanks, Rosaburns over at the cricut mb.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Too cute Jen. You did a great job on this one.

    Lois

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, your boot sure is cute. lellie6 (leslie P)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jen, that is just too clever. Here in the west, we'd love that. I can just see all the possibilities. Thanks for another great idea.

    Susan W.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the cowboy boot. I wear them but never thought about making them. Excellent job.
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very cute boot! Love the flower on it. Would you send the file to me, also?
    Sheree
    scraphappy98036@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your boot, esp. the flower trim. If you are willing to send a copy of the file, I am at scraphappy98036@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have seen other craters version of your Bikini card which is so darn cute. I searched your web site for a picture and could not find one. I tried to pm you but your box is full. So I am leaving a message here in hopes you can direct me where to fine your version of the card and also would like a copy of the cut file. I appreciate your talents and the fact that you share them.

    Jessie
    jsleavitt@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome file - my daughters school mascot is the Cowboy and I use boots when making special things before ball games - could you please share the .cut file of the boot.

    Thanks

    Becky Ridings
    ridings1@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very Cute idea. You are so very talented at DS. Could I please have the boot cutfile?

    ReplyDelete
  23. How cute! If you would please send me the cut file, I'd really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love, love, love that boot Jen. You did a fabulous job. I would love to have the .cut file when you have an opportunity. I know you are a very busy woman.

    Brenda Josselet

    ReplyDelete
  25. I would love a cut file of this boot. Very cute!
    Nancy
    nansand@bellsouth.net

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi, I LOVE your boot, it turned out wonderful! Could you please send me the cut file. Many thanks

    helmem@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh, my goodness! My sweet DH is from Texas and would be blown away if I made him this for V-Day! May I have the file, please! Beautiful work!

    grace2-8@hotmail.com

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is so cute.

    I would love the file

    patriciaherr@sbcglobal.net

    Patricia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!