I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Tutorial: Using Multiple Carts in DS

Q: I was wondering how does it work with using 2 different carts on one cut? How do you switch the carts and how does the cricut work? I wanted to ask before I did anything so I don't mess anything up. TIA

A: Whether you are cutting a shape or a word book or any design that requires the use of multiple cartridges you will do the same thing.

When you are ready to cut your file, load your cricut machine as you would if you were not using DS. Make sure you have paper on your mat, your mat is loaded into your machine and that you have a cartridge in the port.

Click the Cut button



You will first be asked if you want DS to check for your cartridges via a connected Jukebox or if you will put each individual cartridge in one-by-one. Make sure you use your mouse to click on OK or Cancel. I have had personal experience where I saw that Cancel was highlighted so I hit my Enter button and I had problems because DS accepted my Enter stroke as OK instead of Cancel.




If you are putting each cartridge in one-by-one, DS will then ask you to input each cartridge and ask you to select OK or Cancel. If you mistakenly click Cancel DS will tell your bug not to cut the shapes from that cartridge. Make sure your mouse is clearly over the OK button so you don't mistakenly click the edge of the Cancel button. If you do click Cancel by mistake you will need to cancel your cutting when it begins. Close DS and shut off your bug then restart DS and turn on your bug. This will clear the memory so you can start over.
That's it. DS will walk you through it each step of the way.

1 comment:

  1. While I already knew how to do this, I just wanted to say that I think it is very kind of you to take the time not only to type up how to do all these things for people. But to also capture images, take the time to trim them to size, and then post them as well. You are very considerate in doing so and I just wanted to let you know that I appreciate it greatly, as I am sure many others do.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!