I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Tutorial: How to post a picture on message board

This question has come up several times so let me see if I can help shed some light on the subject for those to chicken to ask (lol).

Q: I want to post a picture of my project but I don't know how to do it. Help!

A: There are three ways to add a picture to the message board.

(1) In a New Post

(2) In a Post Reply

(3) Editing an existing post

The your first step will be determined by Where/How you want to post your picture.

If you want to add a picture to a NEW POST. You want to create a new thread and add a picture in your post. Click on the New Post button at the top of the message board forum screen



If you want to add a picture to an existing thread, click on the Post Reply button at the top of the screen in the thread where you want to post your picture



If you want to add a picture to a thread that you already wrote but forgot to add your picture to the thread, click on Edit in the top right corner of the thread you want your picture to appear in


After that... all of the steps are mostly the same.

at the bottom of your post window you will see the words "Click here to upload file." Roll your mouse over the words. They are a link. Click on them.



A small window will open. Click on the Browse button and find the picture that you want to post in your message. Take note: The message board will not accept any files that are not .gif, .txt or .jpg nor will they allow a file that is larger than 200KB.



After you select your file click Open. The message board will tell you if your file has been uploaded successfully. Click OK.


Don't forget... if you want the picture to appear in the message check the box next to "Embed picture in post." If you don't check the box your attachment will appear as the word "Attachment" and viewers will have to click on the word Attachment to view your picture.



This step is slightly different if you are Editing an existing post. You will click on a dropdown arrow and select Embed picture in post.
Hope this helps.

8 comments:

  1. Jen, How do u take a screen shot of the Design studio? Thanks for all these helpful tips....Regan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, A big thank you. That is exactly what I needed to know. I appreciate all your help. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen, thank you for posting these steps. It took me awhile to learn this on my own. Your instructions will help so many others who want to share but didn't know how.

    Linda C (Mama Chin)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen, thanks for another great tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet your kind of happy to get your play room back after the company. I know I would. Your work on the little ladies is great and was wondering if you would share the cut for them and the santa boot with me?
    sevensup@tampabay.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jen - love your pinwheel card and would love the pattern - have a great Holiday! BarbK

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jen, the boot is a master piece. Does your mind ever stop working?
    Janice( sevensup@tampabay.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jen Thanks for the tutorial I posted the card I made...It was easier than I thought! MJ

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!